Disney Wonder Sepember 17, 2015 Hawaii Cruise

bccruisers777

Hi Everyone,

We have never cruised on Disney before and I am wondering if there is enough activities on board to keep my family of 5 busy enough for the 5 sea days crossing from Hawaii to Vancouver. I have 3 kids: 21, 18, 10. A little worried there wouldn't be enough for the 21 and 18 year old to do. With the Wonder being an older and smaller ship should we try and go on an itinerary on the Fantasy or the Dream instead?

Thanks for your help!

Kim :)

It depends on what you want. First, 18 and 21 are not "kids" by DCL's definition. THey are welcome to participate in all adult activities except drinking alcohol. There is also an 18-21 club that will meet about 10 pm on the first night. The CM in charge of the group will organize whatever the group wants--game time, time on the sports deck, crafts, group lunches, Wii sports, etc. If no one shows up or voices any interest, the only thing scheduled will be the 10 pm. Typically they meet at that time and move as a group to the adult activities at 10:30. These last till about midnight--again, longer if there is interest.

They are also welcome to participate in any family activities.

SO...movies, fitness center, sports deck (on their own or as part of a scheduled group), library, hanging out at the pool, running track, trivia games, ping pong, shuffleboard, etc. will all be available. True, the newer ships would have a water roller coaster and mini golf...as well as a paid sports simulator and bigger, fancier water stuff. But they'd also have a lot more guests on board using those things. Honestly, the newer ships won't have all that much more for their age group. Enough? That's their call.

The 21-year old can certainly drink alcohol on the ship.

Youth, Family, and Adult Programming will be in full swing on the ship for the sea days.

I sailed on the first Hawaii cruise back in April 2012, then a 15-night roundtrip cruise out of Los Angeles. On the way out to Hawaii, we had quite a lot of new Hawaiian-themed programming - including hula lessons, storytelling, lei making, Hawaii trivia, and more that I can't remember right now.

I think that since they've split the voyage into two separate one-way voyages, we will probably have similar (or recycled) Hawaiian-themed programming on our cruise. I know I heard that the storyteller from Aulani who sailed on our Hawaii cruise was going to be returning to the Wonder this fall. I suppose it's possible he may just be on the YVR-HNL cruise, but I suspect they'll have him remain on the ship for both.

I'll be on this sailing as well, and am really looking forward to it!