Extreme Allergy precautions?

Perez1992

Very easy to use, it can be taught to you in less than 3 mins. I do not think that carnival serves much lamb. I've never seen it on the buffet, it might be in the dining room. I believe there is spot on the carnival site where you manage your cruise to put in food allergies. Plus letting the MDR know the first night.

I really like lamb. The MDR has lamb shanks, Steakhouse has (excellent) lamb chops. The buffet will have carved lamb sometimes as part of the hot line ( not in the steamer pans), sometimes carved at the rotisserie, almost always at lunch. No idea if the lamb here is cooked on the rotisserie or in the ovens. Except for the Steakhouse lamb is not served every night.

Upon boarding see the Maitre 'd. They will be able to help you.

Contact Special needs. Talk to your room steward about woolens used in the cabin. Do not think any of the blankets are wool. Need to confirm if the lido deck blankets are woolen.

ETA---which ship and line? I'm assuming Carnival as that is where I found this.

Edited by SadieN

I really like lamb. The MDR has lamb shanks, Steakhouse has (excellent) lamb chops. The buffet will have carved lamb sometimes as part of the hot line ( not in the steamer pans), sometimes carved at the rotisserie, almost always at lunch. No idea if the lamb here is cooked on the rotisserie or in the ovens. Except for the Steakhouse lamb is not served every night.

Upon boarding see the Maitre 'd. They will be able to help you.

Contact Special needs. Talk to your room steward about woolens used in the cabin. Do not think any of the blankets are wool. Need to confirm if the lido deck blankets are woolen.

ETA---which ship and line? I'm assuming Carnival as that is where I found this.

I know she is going on the triumph out of Galveston.

I'm going to step out on the limb here and likely get attacked for it. I'm wondering why this poster is taking the allergy subject so lightly:confused::confused: Allergies can be life threatening. How did he know it's lamb and wool related? If I had reactions, I surely would be tested and have some medical guidance.

My wife can eat lamb but when she touches wool she breaks. Strange but it happens.

Because every time I have broken out its because of lamb I have tried it more than once to make sure since I didn't know if it was a seasoning or something

I am not use to dealing with my allergy back home because I am not around it .. That why I was concerned traveling with out my family my mom is a nurse and normally she takes care of me

Epi-pens come in two-packs because severe reactions may take two doses to quell the anaphylactic reaction. If you (anyone) is susceptible to any allergen and are prescribed an Epi-pen, you really should carry both pens with you.

As a reminder, if you ever need to use your Epi-pen, you should follow up the episode immediately with a trip to the ER or UrgentCare or your doctor. Anaphylactic reactions and epinepherine usage should be checked out by a doctor. Just because the Epi-pen makes you feel better, doesn't mean you are better. If you have enough allergen in your system, once the epi wears off, you could react again (and now you don't have an epi-pen to use).

Just be prepared if you have to pay for these yourself (or are early in your annual deductible), these are very expensive in the U.S. We just bought two sets for our ambulances (I'm a volunteer EMT) and we spent $900 for two kits.

Epi-pens come in two-packs because severe reactions may take two doses to quell the anaphylactic reaction. If you (anyone) is susceptible to any allergen and are prescribed an Epi-pen, you really should carry both pens with you.

As a reminder, if you ever need to use your Epi-pen, you should follow up the episode immediately with a trip to the ER or UrgentCare or your doctor. Anaphylactic reactions and epinepherine usage should be checked out by a doctor. Just because the Epi-pen makes you feel better, doesn't mean you are better. If you have enough allergen in your system, once the epi wears off, you could react again (and now you don't have an epi-pen to use).

Just be prepared if you have to pay for these yourself (or are early in your annual deductible), these are very expensive in the U.S. We just bought two sets for our ambulances (I'm a volunteer EMT) and we spent $900 for two kits.

My insurance covers them at the high copay for Rx's. If you go to the EpiPen website theres a card you fill out that makes your first Rx free or very low copay.