Freedom of the seas - may 31st sailing to Eastern Caribbean

We just got off the ship today. We had SO MUCH FUN! it is a wonderful ship with so much to do. I did have a few observations that I wanted to share...

1- The first is that our room vibrated. We were in cabin 6662 and from my simple analysis of rooms from around 6658-6668, they all seemed to be vibrating. At night (when we were going over 15 knts) it felt like i had the chills from a fever, just constantly all night long. We asked to change rooms, but the ship was completely full. Other family members who were not in that area didn't seem to have the vibration...

2- the deck on our room was much bigger than I expected!!

3- The mattress needed to be replaced. It was helpful to have the egg carton foam, but it needed a new mattress...

4- I feel there is some weird planning of food items. For a ship of thousands of people, they ran out of chocolate croissants on chocolate breakfast day...and chocolate milkshakes (I know, weird breakfast item)... They frequently ran out of chocolate desserts (I never once saw a chocolate remoulade, although there was a sign up every day). They had plenty of oatmeal raisin cookies, and coconut cookies, but VERY few chocolate chip cookies. I am a huge chocolate lover, so these things were weird to me.

5- Please note that the cafe promenade is all free food! They have yummy little sandwiches. We decided most people didn't know that! The starbucks costs money, but they had free "ship" coffee there.

6- the ship seemed very stable! Our room was very quiet and we had a great restful time!

I am sure I will think of more things later... Just my two cents worth! I wish I had read how much my cabin vibrated... I would not have picked it :(. Hopefully this helps someone else!

mary anne ---

Yes- it was about 5 cabins behind the hump... But, I went further back in the ship, and the vibration didn't seem to be as bad. Yes, if anyone saw me standing in the hall, I was trying to see where and if it quit vibrating farther back in the ship... It did seem to! Maybe other people can share their experience.

We were in 1364 on deck 10, halfway between midship and aft. We had a lot of vibration, mostly at night when they were pushing it. It only bothered me one night. Half our bed had the egg crate. I agree that the mattresses need to be replaced. We had great service with the exception of Sabor for lunch. The extra charge was not worth it. We would definitely sail her again but I want to try the Oasis next