Sunshine June 6 with a 4 year old

crenee44

First a little about me and our group. We had 12 total including my husband, our 4 year old son, my parents and other extended family. This was my 4th cruise, 2nd with Carnival and 1st since the kiddo came along.

Pre and post cruise—we flew in a day early and stayed a day after. We did one way rentals through Avis which worked out perfectly.

The ship—the ship is quite pretty, in my opinion, and the colors are much more pleasing than the older ships. I didn’t find the layout too confusing after a day or so. Everything seemed to be in working order and the things that I did notice out of order, like a stall in the ladies locker room, were fixed quickly. I wouldn’t exactly call it spotless. However, It seemed like there was always someone cleaning or polishing, although it can be hard to keep up with 3000+ people.

The cabin—we were in an inside midship on deck 7. It was an excellent location and would book there again in a heartbeat.

Embarkation—it was very smooth and efficient. We got on board right around 1:30 so the rooms were ready. We dropped off our things and had lunch at the pasta bar on the back of the ship. At night it is a pay restaurant, but during the day it is included.

That's all I have time for right now. More to come later.

• 2 weeks later...