Reviews of excursions Viking star Mediterranean odyssey

Lennylover

We are looking for advice and reviews for excursions offered on Viking star Mediterranean odyssey. We sail 9/3/15 going to Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Rome, Naples, Florence, Monte Carlo, Toulon and Barcelona.

I don't know if you've found any answers yet. Carolyn was onboard at the beginning of the first maiden voyage which began in Istanbul. She had a live chat going and it was very helpful to me. Within those chats was a member who was one of the 125 who went the distance - the whole 50 days. That is where I got his blog website address which was very helpful to me. He rated the tours that he and his wife took along the way. I don't know if it helps you, but the blog is at maidenvoyageofthevikingstar.weebly.com. Good luck!

I don't know if you've found any answers yet. Carolyn was onboard at the beginning of the first maiden voyage which began in Istanbul. She had a live chat going and it was very helpful to me. Within those chats was a member who was one of the 125 who went the distance - the whole 50 days. That is where I got his blog website address which was very helpful to me. He rated the tours that he and his wife took along the way. I don't know if it helps you, but the blog is at maidenvoyageofthevikingstar.weebly.com. Good luck![/quote

Thank you

I'm working on that now. (We were on the 50-day maiden cruise but going in the opposite direction.) I'll be posting under the general "Viking Oceans" forum and will title it Excursion Reviews. Look for it late next week.

Waiting for your input on excursions?

I'm working on that now. (We were on the 50-day maiden cruise but going in the opposite direction.) I'll be posting under the general "Viking Oceans" forum and will title it Excursion Reviews. Look for it late next week.

I am waiting for your input

• 4 weeks later...

We decided to take pretty well all of the "included" trips, with the exception of Rome - it's far to long at 10 hours!. We may well decide to opt out of one or two other as we go along. These are our thoughts - what about you?

We are doing some of the included excursions and a few of the others. Rome is the included tour and the Vatican on our own before hopping on the bus to return. The walking may be too much as I injured my foot pretty bad recently. Our main goals are Venice opera, Pompeii. Florence and Sistine chapel.

Leaving from Barcelona on September? We have another couple coming with us. Time is finally nearing, after booking 2 years ago on the Viking Star on the Mediterranean Odyssey Cruise and extending in Rome.