Belize excursions: Wildlife Adventure Tour & The City & Sanctuary Tour

Snuggle26

Have any of you guys been on either of these 2 tours. Were planning on going on a cruise with Belize as one of the stops and we'll have our son (who will be 22 months at the time) with us. Do either of these 2 excursions sound like something that would be good to do with him. Has anyone done them through RCI?

Thanks so much

Lisa

We did the City & the Sactuary tour a couple of years ago. It is basically a bus tour of Belize City and a walking tour of the national zoo. It was alright but I probably wouldn't do it again. The animals in the zoo are hard to see and I'm not sure a child could pick them out. They are not in cages like a typical zoo but in fenced off areas of jungle to more acurately depict their natural environment.

I've been doing a lot of reading-up on Belize, since we're going there in December for our first cruise. Everything I've read seems to indicate that it's a very poor country and that Belize City isn't exactly the greatest place to be walking around and touring (in terms of attractiveness... as to safety, who knows). I've also read that the in-city tours are pretty basic, as the last poster said.

It seems that Belize is becoming a big tourist destination ecologically (tube rafting, Mayan ruins, etc.,.). I don't know if the longer-duration ruins tours to Xunantunich or Lamanai would be right for you, since they're all-day affairs, but there are shorter ruins excursions (Altun Ha and Cahal Pech, I think) that may be more suitable.

Archived