Pilot tips

kkbrig

We are doing same types to trips and your tips sound reasonable. However, the Helicopter drops you off for dog sledding and different pilot will pick you. Not sure if they pool tips.

Check clearly to see if you will be happy with the dog sledding experience. It is not done on snow - it is done on dirt. It is like a reenactment. I am choosing Coastal Helicopters because they take you on top of the glacier and the sled dog experience is actually on snow/ice. To me that experience is like night and day. For me, being pulled along a dirt path is just not good enough for the money paid.

Definitely! I won't want to do dirt sledding --- it'll have to be on ice. Both companies (TEMSCO and Gold Rush Dog Tours/Alaska Icefield Expeditions) I looked at do the glacier sledding. Gold Rush also uses contract with TEMSCO for the helicopter ride portion of their tour.

I will take a look at Coastal Helicopters. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
If you are referring to my post, in no way did I say I didn't tip. I tip frequently and generously. I was only commenting that I was surprised that the majority of people didn't.

I recently experienced the same on a TA from Ft. Lauderdale to London. On excursions I always tip the guide and even give a few more dollars to the driver. But, many gave nothing to the driver or the guide. I was quite surprised ... and disappointed in my fellow travelers.