Narrowed down to 2-3 tours

ws422

After lots of hours looking at excursions online, I think I've narrowed our choices for Cozumel down to:

The Jaguar Bus, Bike, and Beach Adventure - Royal Caribbean CZ1C ($85)

or

Dune Buggy Excursion - Cozumel Cruise Excursions.com / Island Marketing ($69)

They both go to Punta Sur, include lunch, and shouldn't require additional costs (taxi) to get to a meeting point.

I can't find a whole lot of reviews on the RCCL excursion. Royal Caribbean's website has 2 positive reviews and the tour operator (Jaguar Expeditions) has positive reviews for other destinations on TripAdvisor but nothing for Cozumel. I checked the operator's website and it doesn't appear that there is anyway to book the tour besides through the cruiseline. (If anyone has done this tour, I'd love to hear from you!)

Jaguar Bus:

Pros: I like that there seems to be quite a bit of time at Punta Sur, opportunity to try paddleboarding and try out tandem bikes. Since it's through the cruiseline, no worries about refunds for cancellation, getting back to the ship on time, etc.

Cons: The $85 price tag per person is at the top of my budget for the day.

Dune Buggy:

Pros: I think my boyfriend would get a kick out of driving it, and I would have fun riding in it. And of course this excursion is cheaper. :) Also, it specifically says the buggy tour picks up at the pier, which should be convenient.

Cons: Mixed reviews. It includes snorkeling (which we are doing a lot of on the day before) and tequila stop (which we don't really care about). We would prefer a little more beach time relaxing (or even more driving time sightseeing) instead. For anyone who has done this tour: did you get some time to relax or did they rush you from one thing to another?

The third tour I'm curious about is the Punta Sur Adventure Eco Tour from Pedego Cozumel / Beach Bum Bikes on electric bikes, so you don't have to pedal if you don't want to. It's $89 (top of the budget, again, and we would have to taxi to the meeting point on top of that). It includes 5 hours at Punta Sur. The reviews seem great. I'm mainly worried that this tour would be too strenuous for us. We haven't ridden bikes in years. Has anyone on here done this tour?

Wow, this post is turning into a book...any insight on these excursions is appreciated!

Just something to think about....on the Dune Buggy tour, you don't HAVE to snorkel. You can use that time as beach time instead!! We have done Dune Buggies in Cozumel and it was fantastic, although we did it through a private tour and not a ship excursion. It was really a blast!!

Do you remember which company you booked with? The one I was looking at was Cozumel Cruise Excursions dot com, which I think is the same as Island Marketing...these broker companies are kind of confusing to sift through.

Edited by ws422