Dream 9047 & 9049

A6cruiser

Has anybody stayed in these cabins and remember the porthole view? Aft, Forward, port, starbord? I have seen videos of the type of room but have not found these exact rooms to be able to tell. The port holes face the aft of the ship but the rooms are more forward in the layout of the ship being between the mid ship elevators and the forward elevators. We have both connecting cabins.

Thank you in advance.

You are aware that this is a virtual porthole, not a real one, right? Different midship room, but our virtual porthole on the Fantasy was as if we had a camera shooting off the side of the ship.

FYI, there is a switch by the bed--you can turn the porthole off at night if desired.

We had cabin 7675 on the Dream which is located aft. Our virtual porthole was oriented to the starboard side of the ship if you could see through walls. Our view was also the starboard side of the ship. We all loved the virtual porthole. You definitely don't feel like you are in an inside cabin and you will have endless Disney character and firework entertainment that will appear every few minutes. I always left the screen on so I'd know when the sun came up.

I wish you could turn off the "magic" and leave the porthole on. We found the flickering lights annoying at night. But yes, it did feel as much as possible like an oceanview cabin.

Another trick--leave the TV on to the "view from the bridge" channel and mute it. When the sun comes up, your TV screen will light up. This works on Magic and Wonder too where you don't have a virtual porthole.

We had cabin 7675 on the Dream which is located aft. Our virtual porthole was oriented to the starboard side of the ship if you could see through walls. Our view was also the starboard side of the ship. We all loved the virtual porthole. You definitely don't feel like you are in an inside cabin and you will have endless Disney character and firework entertainment that will appear every few minutes. I always left the screen on so I'd know when the sun came up.

My son just corrected me this morning. Replace port side for everything I stated above. Also, I agree the fuzzy night view could be annoying to some.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from staying in these 2 cabins and really enjoyed them. Everything was as expected and we really enjoyed the virtual portholes. At night they change the image from pitch black to a night scene that looks nice. The first night we had it on all night and it was nice to wake up to the brightness of daylight.

The second night we slept with it off and it was the first thing we turned on. Really nice.

The location of these cabins was great as well. Can't wait to be able to sail with Disney again.