Coral Gables - B. Western Chateau Bleu?

grifduck

Does anybody have an opinion on this place? I stayed there a few years back but it was very late when I got in so I didn't get to see much or the surrounding area. I am cruising in early Dec and will be there one night and the better part of a day. I do like the shuttle from MIA and to the Port? I don't need luxury, but would like to know the area is somewhat safe. Thanks.

I don't know a thing about that motel inside, but the neighborhood's okay. There's nothing to walk to from it though. I have a friend who used to live about 6 blocks southwest of there. It's an older neighborhood that's a mix of houses and small apartment buildings.

My group of six people stayed there about a year ago when we got "stranded" a couple of extra days at sea because of Hurricane Jeanne and had to spend an extra night in Miami before flying home. It was not fancy, but the rooms were really big, and clean. The restaurant wasn't great and there's not much close, but the neighborhood seemed safe enough. For the price, I thought we got our money's worth.

Archived