Vegetarian options on the Freedom

Jenniell

We just returned from the Freedom on Saturday and our trip was wonderful. I was concerned before we left that my 9 year old, who had recently decided she was a vegetarian wouldn't have a ton of options. Boy was I wrong. She had no problem finding great things to eat. Breakfast most mornings was an omelet with fruit or yogurt. Lunch on Lido had a ton of options for her everyday. Dinner was a bit more difficult because she tried the Indian and didn't care for it but they were happy to remove meat from some of the dishes like the pasta and one night she feasted on side dishes and salad and was a happy girl. There were a few bumps in the road on our cruise, mostly due to staff change over, but her having a selection of choices was not one of them.

Abeynrml she really will have a ton of options. If she lets the waitstaff know at the MDR they can really help her make selections because they know what items can be altered. They also have veggie burgers at Guy's, however I was told that it was a 15-20 minute wait as they have to be dethawed and then cooked and didn't keep any ready to go. That wasn't really an option for us because when the kiddo says she's hungry for lunch it really isn't a great idea to keep the 9 year old stomach waiting but I'm sure your 16 year old will have much more patience.

This thread makes me so happy! I was 12 (now 26) when I decided to become a vegetarian and my family was pretty skeptical and not overly supportive at first. I love seeing parents that are fully supportive of their kids trying it even though it can sometimes be a challenge.

This thread makes me so happy! I was 12 (now 26) when I decided to become a vegetarian and my family was pretty skeptical and not overly supportive at first. I love seeing parents that are fully supportive of their kids trying it even though it can sometimes be a challenge.

I'll be honest. We were skeptical at first too. I figured it would be over the moment she couldn't have bacon in her omelet but we figured it would be better to support her even if it was just a phase. I would rather have her look back and think how we supported her ideas than think we didn't take her seriously. Everyone around us has been really supportive, my parents, her girl scout troop, but the people on the ship were surprisingly wonderful about it. I don't know if it was because one of our waiters was Indian and a vegetarian because he took such an interest in taking care of her.

I had an amazing Tofu Steak on a previous cruise, but I was bummed to find out that it isn't part of this new menu. There are so many ways to have food prepared the way you like it. Vegetarians and vegans have a plenty of options :)