Alaskan Cruise July 29th Sail Date

MagentaandRiffRaff

This is the second time we have cruised with Celebrity and our first to Alaska. Boarding the ship was a breeze! We arrived at the port about 1030 and were seated in the Ocean View café by 11am. The weather was incredibly gorgeous and hot so by noon I was pool side and eventually in the pool!

Our cabin, 1580, was maintained by Janette who couldn’t have been more attentive or lovely. Being the princess who could easily find the pea, I asked for an extra mattress topper and was provided with an egg crate mattress which helped maintain my princess like sleeping patterns. =) The room was clean but the balcony like many areas of the ship showed some wear and tear.

Food: We were aqua class folks, which I would never do again and could eat in Blu. We ate there twice and had decent meals, but nothing I would rave about. The lobster night was a bust. TOUGH lobster. And I get it, it’s a huge ship and many mouths to feed so one can’t expect gourmet food all the time. We did dine in Silk Harvest and loved every bite! Our waiter was Nur and he was incredibly sweet. Jane who ensured my wine glass was full was also sweet! We had two late day excursions so two meals were off the ship. The Ocean View Café. It’s food that has to feed the masses. Again, I’m not all that crazy about what they offered there, but trust me I didn’t starve!! =) That said, it’s doable. We did have room service for breakfast each day and that was ok. Or eating on the balcony watching the sun come up makes food better tasting?

Drinks: We went for the Premium drink package which was nice. No receipts to deal with at all! No issues with any of the bar service and loved the molecular bar! We had witnessed some “attitude” from servers on other cruises when folks presented them with their Seapass card with the premium package sticker, but not on Celebrity.

Excursions: The excursion in Ketchikan took us from a trip to the glacier t a Salmon Bake which was awesome! The excursion in Juneau was cancelled due to rough seas. It was a small vessel we were to whale watch from but we are all about safety so we just did something else. We opted for an excursion to a totem pole village and subsequent visit to a natural reserve; both interesting. In Skagway we panned for gold and then took a 26 mile train ride up through the gorgeous mountains. Incredible! In Victoria we were taken to Sidney where were able to spend time shopping among local vendors. After this stop we headed to town and were able to see local culture and people. Again, gorgeous scenery. Our bus driver Bob was a local so we got lots of inside tips and stories about Victoria.

The morning in Tracy Fjords: There are no words to describe this part of the cruise! Incredibly gorgeous scenery and the narration that went along with this stop were wonderful! Get out of bed, don’t miss it!!

Would I go again on Celebrity? YES! Would I go to Alaska again? Maybe. I have more on my bucket list to do and see first.