Celebrity Constellation - April 2nd 2017 - Singapore to Abu Dhabi

WS80

• 3 months later...

Hi, we're Lee and Nobo, a couple from the Ft. Lauderdale area in Florida. We've lived in Asia for many years prior so this will be a trip to the past for us.

I'm a dedicated trivia fan and am always up for fun teammates. We'll be on the B2B. Cheers, Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lee!

Finally some reaction :-)

We only do this cruise and will be lucky if we can get to Singapore one day early. As I work in a school I'm limited to my 2 weeks off.

The bookings for this cruise seem to go very fast don't they? We booked on board last summer and the best available was A2 or a handicapped SS. We were hoping to be able to move later but now even all of aqua has sold out. But there still a lot of time left so hop fully something opens up.

We don't have much experience with Asia yet so probably could use some of expert advice :-) until now we've only been in Tokyo. We're planning a trip to Hong Kong and Shangai this summer. Yes, we're Disney fans:-)

Haven't tried trivia yet. Honestly we're quite lazy and spend most of our time at the pool. Or on the dance floor after some cocktails :-)

Hi WS80 (do you have a name :) Haven't been to Hong Kong in years but just came back from Shanghai a couple of months ago. Check out the Hop On Hop Off bus. Gives you 2 days and is a great way to get oriented to the city.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, Lee

Hi again. I'm Willem, my partners name is Steven :-)

We're at the point of booking our flights for our China trip and still in doubt... Looks like we'll have a stop in Beijing and it would be stupid not to stay there for 1 or 2 nights. On the other hand we only have two weeks... And off course we need enough time to see the Disney parks in Hong Kong and Shanghai :)

The HOHO bus sounds like a good idea. Used those in some ports on our previous cruise. It's a great way to discover a city in a short time.

I find it hard to get an idea of how much time we'll need in what city. Honestly i'm a bit scared of not feeling at ease in Beijing and Shanghai and have the idea that we'll like Hong Kong more. I've been told that mainland Chinese people can be rude and the places are overcrowded.

But they also say that Brussels is terribly unsafe so I know not always to believe what "they" say...

Hi Willem, I can understand your concerns about being overwhelmed by crowds in large Asian cities that seem chaotic and disorganized. We are currently in Jakarta for 3 months where that totally applies. But, getting the rhythm of the city by going on a HOHo bus and getting oriented often helps. However, these 2 cities are really Chinese treasures...if you enjoy history. Taking organized tours is a big help, particularly in China due to language differences....unless you and Steven speak Chinese :-). There are also walking tours that you can do on your own...check out Google. We often do this, ultimately get lost and find interesting things on our own. Always keep the address of your hotel in Chinese on you.

Hi again

Completely changed our summer plans this week... Since it looks very uncertain then Disneyland Shanghai will be open, we cancelled our China plans and... booked a cruise :p

So we'll be on the Constellation once more. Love that ship :)

Hi Willem, Sorry about your Shanghai plans but it will be there for a long time.

Which Constellation cruise will you be going on?

We are currently in Jakarta for 3 months; going to Myanmar tomorrow for a week.

Wish you both a wonderful holiday season.

Lee and Nobo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi again!

Sorry didn't come here for a while. And wow what a week we had here in Belgium... Am definitely up for some vacation fun now!

We haven't done any planning yet... First we have our trip to Gran Canaria in a week :p

Hi Willem and Steve, our hearts and condolences to you and all peace loving people in Belgium for the recent tragedy. I guess this has become the new normal, unfortunately. While we were staying in Jakarta recently, a bomb went off in a Starbucks 2 kms from our condo. To more pleasant topics, hope your trip to Gran Canaria is fun. Well ONLY 1 year to the cruise......

• 2 months later...

Aloha. My name is Michael and I've just joined the back to back cruises Singapore to Rome. I live in Honolulu and New York. I've lived many years in East Asia and am looking forward to this journey and meeting new people. have taken a single cabin and would be interested in possibly sharing with another compatible single guy. If anyone is interested in exploring this possibility, feel free to contact me at: gotham4@aol.com