!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

We went to the room to shower, change and relax for a little while.

untitled-1251_zpsg5fsyus8.jpg

I guess it is a good time to talk about the beds. Mom had told me that they were quite hard (with the exception of the Rollaway beds, which are horrendous!). I can confirm that they are on the stiff side, but I got great sleep on all the nights. Maybe I was just too tired, who knows. I imagine if it is too hard for you, you can ask for an egg crate mattress topper to make it a little softer.

That night I really wanted to sleep outside on the balcony. Has anyone ever done this? I was thinking about pulling the mattress out there and just sleeping there. It was so serene and peaceful that night. What made me not do it? A few reasons. The first one was that our neighbors to the left always left the balcony light on no matter what. The light from their balcony really leaked into ours. The other reason was our other neighbors to the right, they had a tendency to come at all times of the night to talk. They were not loud or anything, but I could see them waking me up in the middle of the night. The last one was that the sunrise was from that side, and it would wake me up way too early.

But I have plans of doing this one day, mark my words! It might happen on my next cruise ;-), LoL. I might just bring a sleeping bag one day to do so. Nevertheless, I think that putting the mattress out there should be fine. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I also wanted to sleep with the door open to listen to the waves smoothly hitting the hull of the ship, as I have done before. But Carnival has the feature that most ships have now, the A/C turns off. And while it was fairly cool on those nights, I did not want to impose that on my uncle. My bed was the one near to the door and I had more wind flow than his bed did.

What was my solution?

Well, I downloaded one of those apps that simulate noises to go to sleep. And I chose one that actually mimicked the sound of the waves so well, that I completely forgot it was an app on the first night. I thought I had left the door ajar by accident and woke up to close it :D. I suggest this option for those who still want A/C, but wish to have the feeling that you’re on a ship. I was quite elated with this solution :-)

The ship was sailing at a fairly fast speed, but the ocean was still as can be. We had minimal movement.

untitled-1256_zpsdbklj9kl.jpg

A funny note. The toilet in our room appeared to be having issues, I say this because mom reports that the issues did not reproduce on hers. When you would flush it would do it with great power, but the water flow was minimal, and only in one direction. So, hmmmmmmm, let's just say you needed to flush like 6 times each time. Keep in mind that you’re flushing 6 times and everyone is outside hearing all those loud flushes :D. It happened to mom on a couple of accessions, and we would bother her about her ummmmmmmm, well you figure it out :D. It was quite funny.

untitled-1257_zpsncv2ripc.jpg

Sorry, forgot to click the quote button when I commented a few minutes ago but our balcony neighbor purchased a hammock and slept on her balcony every night of our 7 day cruise! She loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked a 4 nights cruise on the Victory. I was worried because I heard many things about the Carnival cruiseships and was scared to be disappointed after cruising two times on board the Disney Dream...

Honestly, after reading your review (it took me three days LOL) I feel very confident that we are going to have a good time.

Thank you!

I just booked a 4 nights cruise on the Victory. I was worried because I heard many things about the Carnival cruiseships and was scared to be disappointed after cruising two times on board the Disney Dream...

Honestly, after reading your review (it took me three days LOL) I feel very confident that we are going to have a good time.

Thank you!

Don't compare Carnival to Disney or you will most like be disappointed. Just go and have a great time on Carnival. They also have lots to offer. Disney will always be in a class of their own.

Don't compare Carnival to Disney or you will most like be disappointed. Just go and have a great time on Carnival. They also have lots to offer. Disney will always be in a class of their own.

So far, I'm just trying to be aware of the differences and I am getting to know Carnival. :)

• 2 weeks later...