Tips for Bozaada

Hi, anybody been to Bozaada?

We will be there in a couple of weeks and don't want to spend a fortune on one of the ships tours.

Not bothered about going to Troy either as one of the write ups Iv'e read didn't make it sound very appealing.

Just wondered if there was anything around the port area or within walking distance.

Any suggestions (as long as there polite) are welcome.

Thanks,

Rick.

Hi

I went to Bozcaada earlier this year, I did the Troy excursion and really enjoyed it but I appreciate that sort of site isn't for everyone.

You tender across to what I suspect is the only town on the island, its small but quite pretty, they had a craft market on which I think they probably do each time a ship visits. There was a castle just next to the port that gave some good views across the harbour and to the ship, and there were quite a few cafes and bars around the harbour.

You'd probably struggle to fill a whole day, but as its a tender port it might take a while to get off the ship anyway and you could definitely while away a few hours looking around.

Hope this helps!

The castle is definitely worth a visit - only if you like that sort of thing of course. TRY 5 entrance fee. We spent about 1.5 hours wandering around a couple of weeks ago.

We also took a dolmus to Ayazma beach on the other side of the island. It was okay, nothing to write home about, but we did get to go swimming in the sea (water water everywhere but not a drop to swim in!). The beach was very crowded (it's one of those with rows of loungers and umbrellas). I'm sure there must be nicer beaches there.

Have fun whatever you decide to do.

Thanks to both of you or the relies.

I did post a reply to crystaltips99 on Saturday but it must of got lost somewhere.

Anyway only two weeks to go, booked in and got our boarding passes already, not started packing yet thats a job for the bank holiday weekend.

thanks again,

Rick.

I went on the trip to Troy & the Museum. Troy was interesting and worth seeing if you like that kind of thing (I do :))- though not as spectacular as the ruins in Ephesus which you can do later in the week. The museum wasn't really worth the extra hour of the tour in my opinion, as its a fair drive from the main site and not very big.

When I got back there was plenty of time to look round the fortress and there was a market on too - it was a nice place to wander round.

Yes we've seen Ephesus on our first cruise 16 years ago, it is well worth seeing.

The wife's sister lives in Kusadasi so we'll be having a look around the shops in the morning and then meeting up for a drink or two.

Only booked this a few weeks ago but we're really looking forward to the break and a bit of summer for a change, I feel we've been robed of one over here.

Anyway thanks for the tips.

Rick.

We had family with us with limited mobility back in May when we did Ancient Wonders so for Bozcaada we walked around the town, market and castle. As mentioned the castle is cheap to enter and worth an hour at least just wandering around. The family really loved it!

We'd done Ephesus on a previous version of this cruise so we did the half-day Miletus & Didyma. This tour includes quieter ruins to visit, slightly off the beaten tourist path, a very nice little tour.

Enjoy the cruise!