Solo/single cruise needed around Nov 1, 2015

de13

Hi,

While my daughter is away on a school trip, I have the opportunity to go away during the same time and am considering a solo cruise. My dates are set and the cruise needs to be close to Nov 1-12th this fall. I did the search and there are a few in this time frame, but the solo/single part is hard as they seem to all charge the double fares. I have cruised a lot before, but never solo. I am outgoing, love activities, food and the gym on board. I am also single and would take a cruise during this time for any option, long as not paying double fare. Unfortunately, none of my friends can get away same time. I am open to most locations, other than South Pacific because of the long flight. My other option is to just do an international trip, but cruising would be much easier planning on me and less expensive.

So suggestions are appreciated! I may also post in the singles area for more replies. Thanks!

Diana

Do a search on any discount cruise agencies web site. Unless on NCLs solo cabins, you are subject to SS. But avoid their older ships. I see NCL Getaway 12N out of Miami 31st Oct. Should have solo cabins as it is one of their newest. Kind of low season, should get a good deal with checking several sites. 12N is nice too.

Thanks I will check that. I guess I really would need to stick to those w solo cabins. Haven't cruised NCL in few years, as last one was not as good experience on Dawn. Been sticking to Celebrity, Princess, or RCCL more.

Check out RC Liberty of the Seas' repositioning leaving Bayonne, NJ Nov 1 and ending in Galveston, TX Nov 13. There is a low single supplement and some online TAs were offering an additional $200 OBC last week. There are many unsold cabins on this cruise so it will be appearing as a special again.

Check out RC Liberty of the Seas' repositioning leaving Bayonne, NJ Nov 1 and ending in Galveston, TX Nov 13. There is a low single supplement and some online TAs were offering an additional $200 OBC last week. There are many unsold cabins on this cruise so it will be appearing as a special again.

Thanks, that one does look good!

Like the Liberty OTS repo, slightly outside your date range, there's the Carnival Triumph repo from San Juan to Galveston from Nov 4th to the 14th.

Prices out today at $878, plus $120 tax & $120 tips for inside ($112/day total, or $124/day for oceanview). Nothing special about the fare, so you might do better with a residency discount. While you're paying the full supplement, it's still cheaper than pretty much anything else out there.