Self Service Laundry Rooms

veetee76

Can anyone who has used please comment on these? We plan to pack light, as we will combine the cruise with other travel so plan to use them. Are the machines actually "complimentary" as I read in Viking's website? Are they always busy? Number of machines? Thanks.

3 washers and 3 dryers in each laundry. Soap is automatic so you don't have to bring it. Permanent press cycle takes longer than regular so just use regular cycle. The wash took 40 minutes for the load. If you pick a popular time (like your only sea day....there will probably be a wait). I was able to use the machines pretty much whenever i wanted but picked times I thought would be uncrowded. There are no dryer sheets so you have to bring those if you use them. There are two ironing boards and irons.

Most people just left there wash in the machine for the 40 minutes. If they weren't back when it finished, people waiting put it on the ironing board and used the washing machine for themselves. Reminds me of the dorms in college-no problem with that at all though!

Can anyone who has used please comment on these? We plan to pack light, as we will combine the cruise with other travel so plan to use them. Are the machines actually "complimentary" as I read in Viking's website? Are they always busy? Number of machines? Thanks.

Dear Veetee.

Yes the machines are "complimentary" , including soap. In fact the soap is added autumatically and you could not put your own in if you wanted to.

Three wash and three dry machines per Launderette . One Launderett per cabin deck.

I would say that they were not always busy but well used.Whilst I was in there a forth person arrived to use one and had to wait 10 minutes for a machine to come free.

Yours IngraTor

Did bring softener sheets which I used. Next time I will throw in a stain removal stick too. We did a combination of self service machines and Vikings laundry service which I was very pleased with. Always choose next day service which was less expensive but often got back by end of day anyway.