Review 8/23-8/30 NCL Breakaway Sailing

nyfltraveler

In response to another post regarding whether there is a dress code for dining, I responded as follows which I will add to this review (and for which I am sure I will be attacked for):

At dinner time you literally had people all dressed up (suits/ties) sitting in restaurants next to people who were in their bathing suits and t-shirts and this included in the "specialty dining" venues.

I do believe that NCL should have a minimum dress code for dinner venues akin to what people refer to as "business casual" nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

The charges add up quickly and while you think that your fare gives you an "all inclusive" trip, there are still expenditures you need to budget for.

Wow! So much great info! You answered so many of the questions I was thinking of and I certainly agree as an ex smoker I am very sensitive to smoke and prefer not to be around the inconsiderate smokers. They can kill themselves in an isolated area which won't affect my health. My eyes burn around cigarette smoke and don't get me started about cigars.

I selected a part of your review that I had a question about above. What charges did you see at the end that you maybe weren't expecting or were maybe added up to go beyond your budget and what amounts should we budget for?

Thank you, Rob

Edited by rgruenhaus

While I try not to control others, I too like to go to a specialty restaurant and dress business casual to a more formal dress. While at the daytime meals allowance for all the casual wear is to be expected. Bathing suits at a specialty dinning restaurant? NCL come on! And cruisers, come on! Relaxing does not mean disregard for others. There is room service! LOL

Edited by rgruenhaus

• 2 weeks later...
What charges did you see at the end that you maybe weren't expecting or were maybe added up to go beyond your budget and what amounts should we budget for?

Thank you, Rob

We travelled with kids, so primarily Various on-ship activities (e.g. Bingo ($49), arcade (you pay with room card swipes, not cash, add-on gratuities for a restaurant (even with UDP), etc.....) and of-course the daily service charge per person. I would suggest allocating an extra $100-$150/day for incidentals.

• 3 weeks later...

The charges add up quickly and while you think that your fare gives you an "all inclusive" trip, there are still expenditures you need to budget for.

I just wanted to ask you a question about this part of your very thorough and excellent review.

Could you please recall what added charges might we encounter? I got the four day specialty dinning pkg and paid the upcharges so I can't think of anything that could be added. Thanks