MSC Dress Code

martin4356111

Morning all,

We're just about to embark on our second MSC cruise (25 Sep from Barcelona) and I have a question about the dress code in the main dining room (MDR).

I'm wondering what MSC deem to be appropriate wear for the MDR when it isn't a formal evening? The website suggests casual wear such as chinos and a sports jacket. Normally when I go out to dinner, I wear smart dark jeans, an open collar shirt and brown shoes. Sometimes I will wear a suit jacket as well. Will this be okay on an informal evening? The problem is, I don't wear chinos or suits. I spend enough time at work wearing a uniform :)

When I was on the Preziosa last year I seen such a variation in what people were wearing in the MDR. Some went all out while others were even more informal than I have suggested?

This will be our first time in the MDR as we didn't bother about it last year. Our son was only 5 so we felt he would get bored but this time we have a group of us going so there will be plenty family to help keep him entertained.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by martin4356111

You will be perfectly fine. Here in Italy that is how we dress for dinner.. dark jeans..nice shoes and a jacket will make it even better. Some dont even bother..dont forget to bring somethin for white night and italian themed night...

My daughter is 4 and always have dinner with the kids club...she is never bored there.