Just off Valor... Available for questions

_Gazpar_

Do you book with Broden before you get there (online or by phone) or when you get off the ship? Thanks.

You make an online reservation with them prior to the cruise. They will email you the info on tour instructions and where to meet them and then you will pay when you get there. If I recall correctly they requested cash payment - but the instructions on all of that are in the email.

If you go to their website you will find the variety of tours they offer. They have ziplining and a few other things too if you are interested in checking that stuff out.

First of thanks so much Gazpar for taking the time to provide your Valor. My wife and I will be taking the same Valor cruise on Oct 2nd. I have couple questions listed below.

If we purchase the he “faster to the fun” package allow you to get off the ship quicker for excursions in Belize that you don't book through Carnival?

I noticed you said they filled your cooler with ICE every day I'm assuming that was personal one brought on board is that correct?

The reason I'm ask is I read somewhere that ice buckets are no longer allowed or provided to your staterooms and we purchased soft drinks through the ship and was wondering how were going to get ice if that's the case. Are there glasses in the room I cant remember since its been several years since we went on cruise.

Does the Valor have the boxey, plastic rocking chairs outside at the Dive-In theater? We were on the Glory one time and they had these rocking chairs. Loved it !! Thanks !

they have 3 of them, and they are centered on the screen, and above the whirlpool.. best seats in the house, if you can get them.

Do you book with Broden before you get there (online or by phone) or when you get off the ship? Thanks.

Call them ahead of time.

there is a small walk, Or a 2 dollar cab ride to where the tour agents pick you up. (Spend the money)

the cost all depends on what you want to do, but its cheaper and less crowded than any of the on-ship options.

I think it was the best $$ spent all trip

First of thanks so much Gazpar for taking the time to provide your Valor. My wife and I will be taking the same Valor cruise on Oct 2nd. I have couple questions listed below.

If we purchase the he “faster to the fun” package allow you to get off the ship quicker for excursions in Belize that you don't book through Carnival?

I noticed you said they filled your cooler with ICE every day I'm assuming that was personal one brought on board is that correct?

The reason I'm ask is I read somewhere that ice buckets are no longer allowed or provided to your staterooms and we purchased soft drinks through the ship and was wondering how were going to get ice if that's the case. Are there glasses in the room I cant remember since its been several years since we went on cruise.

yes, Belize and tendered, and you [allegedly] get priority tender (We took an excursion through Carnival, so I don't know personally)

I was on the fence about FttF, but disembarkation alone made it worthwhile (and we travel pretty cheap). I would NEVER do Carnival again without it, unless we were "diamond travelers."

We brought a small folding cooler with us, in the front pocket of our garment bag, and it fit nicely. Google: Coleman 40-can Collapsible Cooler

Yes glasses are provided in the room, and Carnival will let you carry on an UNOPENED case (12 pack) of soda or juice.

We went last year and hands down the BEST island tour we have had yet (Fun n' Sun)! It's only $30 a person and worth so much more. You do need to bring cash with you if you want snacks or drinks at the beach stop. American $$ is just fine. The tour was fantastic! The stop with the monkeys is a "must do" - VERY clean cages, monkeys are all friendly as can be, the birds are just breathtaking, the other animals are great fun. The beach was gorgeous!! If you are the front row you do get the usual string of folks coming by to sell you stuff and give you massages.. comes with the beaches. If you need an umbrella, just ask, and they will get one for you. Definitely check them out! Can't wait until we get to go again!

I agree...

From now on, unless there is substantial travel time and getting back on-time is a concern, all of our local excursions will be through local vendors.

Boddeen made us believers.

Only thing I can say is, if you eat local, a lot of the smaller "local flavor" places don't have american change. Bring small bills (which you should do anyway) and just leave whatever change you DO get, as part of the tour guide tip. it should only be a few bucks anyway.

The trip was cheap, and we tipped for the service. I think we gave him 50 bucks tip, plus maybe 3-4 bucks in local currency as well.

His reaction was gratitude, and that was above average.

Call them ahead of time.

there is a small walk, Or a 2 dollar cab ride to where the tour agents pick you up. (Spend the money)

the cost all depends on what you want to do, but its cheaper and less crowded than any of the on-ship options.

I think it was the best $$ spent all trip

I just booked with Bodden !! He sent instructions that included how to get the $2 cab ride. That is so worth it. I need the exercise but that's a bigggg hill !!!

We used Bodden for our tour in August. It was really good, the guide was very informative and I felt safe the entire time. Additionally we booked a cave tubing excursion in Belize through cavetubing.bz and it was awesome. Only $45 a person which included everything...and a great chicken lunch. The guides were very nice and we didn't have to carry our tubes ( we saw lots of groups who did)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...