Pay phones at Western Caribbean Ports?

Lany

Are there pay phones readily available at the following ports:

Belize

Cozumel

Costa Maya

Grand Cayman

I'm in the middle of a job search and wondering if I will be able to check my answering machine while away. Any help is appreciated!

Lany,

Just returned from Western w/RCCL on Saturday. Our line-up was a bit different but we did hit Cozumel & Grand Cayman. In Grand Cayman, there are telephones right at the port terminal building and also along the streets. These phones are for collect & credit card calls only. NO PREPAID card calls. It took 4 seperate times for us to finally get thru. The first time, they connected us to wrong #. Calls 2/3 didn't go thru. On calls 3/4, an operator came on & made my DH give our credit card # about 3x, give our name about 3x, and the # we were calling about 3x. My husband was getting very frustrated. Calls are 50 cent/min.

In Cozumel, we did not use the phones although they are available in the port terminal area (we docked at the International Pier).

We had people we knew that had a GPS capable mobile phone who had no problems at all throughout the cruise calling home. My suggestion would be that if you really have to get through to check messages/make calls, you might want to contact your mobile carrier & see about the GPS options. Hope this info. helps.-good luck w/the job search!

Archived