To all-afloaty.Dubrovnik Transport 19/09/15

never been a free shuttle the times ive been, one problem i seem to recall with local bus is the ticket kiosk at the port gates will take euro but the one down at the city gate for coming back will only take local brass ,you would think they would be enterprising enough to take euro with a crap exchange rate and earn themselves a little bonus

never been a free shuttle the times ive been, one problem i seem to recall with local bus is the ticket kiosk at the port gates will take euro but the one down at the city gate for coming back will only take local brass ,you would think they would be enterprising enough to take euro with a crap exchange rate and earn themselves a little bonus

You can purchase return tickets from the kiosk next to the bus stop just beyond the port gates

Edited by two sheds

Not to worry we are getting a taxi [emoji12]

There were 4 of us and we just had the afternoon in Dubrovnik so we took the Panoramic Tour in a taxi for €50. It was very good value for just over an hour.

The driver took us over the big bridge for the views and photos and then up to the top of the hill where the cable car went, stopping 3 times for us to get out to take photos. He then dropped us off at one of the gates into the old town. We had a choice of gates or going back to the ship.

When we took into account the cost of the cable car and taxis that it would have cost us it was little different to the €50 Panoramic Tour. Also the taxi driver spoke excellent English and he gave us lots of information as we drove around.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on my post - we were on Oceana and used their shuttle. However, the point I was trying to make is that the taxis are very cheap from the dock. As Jakeanne1 said the city tour for 50 euros is really good value. It cost us £10 each just for the cable car so for 4 is great value.