RC Navigator question

jeff f

I have a chance to book for 4 of us family members in 2 side by side balcony rooms on the Navigator. Rooms would be on the 6th floor on the hump. My questions: Does the divider on the 6th floor on the hump open between the balconies? I've seen posts that say they do not. Does anyone have pictures? If the divider cannot be opened to share the 2 balconies I will probably change rooms. Also, is there any obstructions to the view on these 6 floor balconies? Ex: steel walls in front instead of windows? If someone has a good starboard side pic of the Navigator please reply with it.

Most of the posts that I find are related to the higher floors and not the 6th. I tried calling RC but cannot get answers from the people on the phone.

Thank you in advance

To my knowledge, the balcony dividers can be opened on all side facing balconies on Navigator. However, it is up to ship's management if it will be allowed. There are no steel outside walls on the side facing balconies on Navigator.

We were on the ship last week (9/13-9/20/15) and my sister and mom had shared cabins 8360 and 8362. The balcony divider door was open and they had a small interior door between the cabins in the shared wall that was open as well.

Be aware that the door opens to the rear of the ship and takes up that amount of space along the wall. The balconies are somewhat crowded with the large scale of furniture on them. Also, you have to step over the <6" high section of the wall below the door so it's doable but not that easy to navigate.

I think that you have to book your cruise as a shared family to make sure that the door is opened. But you can always check with your steward, who I think is the one that opens it.

I have a chance to book for 4 of us family members in 2 side by side balcony rooms on the Navigator. Rooms would be on the 6th floor on the hump. My questions: Does the divider on the 6th floor on the hump open between the balconies? I've seen posts that say they do not. Does anyone have pictures? If the divider cannot be opened to share the 2 balconies I will probably change rooms. Also, is there any obstructions to the view on these 6 floor balconies? Ex: steel walls in front instead of windows? If someone has a good starboard side pic of the Navigator please reply with it.

Most of the posts that I find are related to the higher floors and not the 6th. I tried calling RC but cannot get answers from the people on the phone.

Thank you in advance

thanks for this post I'd like know the exact same thing. We have adjacent balcony rooms booked on deck 6 (aft) and I'm hoping we can open them up. I know the rooms aren't shared rooms (meaning they don' have the door that opens between them). When I called RC and asked if the balcony can be opened up I got a vague answer, something like "you can request the partition to be removed but they might not be able to". I hope we will be able to since I'm sure "the moms" are going to be spending some time chilling on the balcony so it will be nice for them to be able to sit together

thanks for this post I'd like know the exact same thing. We have adjacent balcony rooms booked on deck 6 (aft) and I'm hoping we can open them up. I know the rooms aren't shared rooms (meaning they don' have the door that opens between them). When I called RC and asked if the balcony can be opened up I got a vague answer, something like "you can request the partition to be removed but they might not be able to". I hope we will be able to since I'm sure "the moms" are going to be spending some time chilling on the balcony so it will be nice for them to be able to sit together

I don't believe dividers can be opened on aft facing balconies.