Breakaway- Kid Dining options

kgtgirl

So were going to be on the Breakaway in March after having to switch from a RC cruise. My son is 4 and not great at sit down meals as eating is not a highlight for him. On the RC cruise I know he could eat with the kids program for dinner but everything on NCL website looks like the kids program is closed for dinner from 5-7. Are there any options or will we just have to wait till 7 if we want to go do a sit down. Thanks

So were going to be on the Breakaway in March after having to switch from a RC cruise. My son is 4 and not great at sit down meals as eating is not a highlight for him. On the RC cruise I know he could eat with the kids program for dinner but everything on NCL website looks like the kids program is closed for dinner from 5-7. Are there any options or will we just have to wait till 7 if we want to go do a sit down. Thanks

You can feed him at the buffet between the 5-7 time slot, then eat by yourselves at 7 after the club reopens. A good option if you want to eat together "sit down style" is O'Sheehan's, which is usually pretty quick, but has a lot to see and do while waiting on your food.

Usually they have a sign up sheet at the kids club for eating with the club. There is a fee involved ($6 in 2013) and the group ate in the main dining room. There have been and continue to be quite a few changes at NCL due to the management changes this year, so I don't know if it will be available in March, but my daughter enjoyed it in 2013.

Usually they have a sign up sheet at the kids club for eating with the club. There is a fee involved ($6 in 2013) and the group ate in the main dining room. There have been and continue to be quite a few changes at NCL due to the management changes this year, so I don't know if it will be available in March, but my daughter enjoyed it in 2013.

On our 2014 Getaway and Epic cruises, this was only available on port days. There was no option to dine with the club on sea days.

O'Sheehan's is a lively venue and the Manhattan room has entertainment on some evenings. Taste & Savor are smaller & there are some out of the way tables where you could give him something to do if he gets bored, so that all 3 of you could have a meal.

You have plenty of time to work on his restaurant skills between now & March. He probably won't have the same behavior in 6 months anyhow.

O'Sheehan's is a lively venue and the Manhattan room has entertainment on some evenings. Taste & Savor are smaller & there are some out of the way tables where you could give him something to do if he gets bored, so that all 3 of you could have a meal.

You have plenty of time to work on his restaurant skills between now & March. He probably won't have the same behavior in 6 months anyhow.

Yeah, we went on the Dawn when he was 1 and meals were horrific, I just have to keep reminding myself he's getting older it will be better.