Tipping for Blue Hole tour

TheGaDawgFan

I'm not trying to start a debate, and I hope this isn't too personal, but I have no idea how much to tip for our tour. We have a private driver (Liberty Tours), and I also know we need to tip the guides at the Blue Hole. So my question is.... what makes a good tip. From all the reviews, I'm assuming our service will be excellent.

The per person charge is $15 (I've heard $10 as well, but will go with $15). We plan to tip $10-15 for the two of us. We've read that they work hard and appreciate those that make our vacation pleasant.

We are paying $39/pp for our tour and plan to tip $20 for the two of us. If the service is especially good, we will tip more.

As with everything that amount is VERY personal. Do what you feel comfortable doing, but sometimes it helps to know what others plan to do.

Enjoy your trip!!!

We have hired Peat Taylor for our trip to the Blue Hole and White River Tubing. Our cost is $60.00 per person inclusive of admission fees. There are 5 adults in our group. They are also taking us to a restaurant (somewhere where one of us can also get a vegetarian meal). Restaurant not included in the cost.

Edited by bam1958
needed to clarify restaurant cost

Carole SS -

Can you tell me who you booked your tour with? We are looking for something like this & the price we were quoted with Liberty ($83 per person) seems a little steep for 2 adults & a our 10 year old daughter.

We booked through Courtney Taylor tours. Haven't been yet (November), but his reviews are great. Now, his quote is for 4 people and is just for transportation. Entry to the Blue Hole and lunch is extra. You might ask if your quote from Liberty is inclusive of those fees. But even if you add up those charges, $39 + 15 + 10 = 64. $83 is a steep when many people post here that $40 is about average.

Bam1958 seems to be getting a good deal. We, too, are doing tubing....that is $25. That comes to $79, so $60 is a DEAL!!!!

Edited by CaroleSS

We booked through Courtney Taylor tours. Haven't been yet (November), but his reviews are great. Now, his quote is for 4 people and is just for transportation. Entry to the Blue Hole and lunch is extra. You might ask if your quote from Liberty is inclusive of those fees. But even if you add up those charges, $39 + 15 + 10 = 64. $83 is a steep when many people post here that $40 is about average.

Bam1958 seems to be getting a good deal. We, too, are doing tubing....that is $25. That comes to $79, so $60 is a DEAL!!!!

Liberty includes admission and lunch. I'm guessing the $83 is for a private tour for only 3.

But back on topic... What about tipping?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ricardo guided me and 5 year old son at Blue Hole in May and I can't tell u how awesome he was! I tipped him 20$ for the fun and safe experience he provided.

Sorry for veering off topic...how did your 5 yo like Blue Hole?

Sorry for veering off topic...how did your 5 yo like Blue Hole?

5 year old son LOVED Blue Hole! He loves the water and is adventurous. The guides there took extra care with him as well as the 4 year old boy with the family that joined us.