A few Questions for a First-NCL-Cruiser.

Blazley

Hello. As it will be my 1st NCL Cruise at Febr., i have a few Question :

1. During the day, can anyone tell me if they play Music on the Pool Deck, or if they have a DJ ? Sitting there with my cocktail and a nice vibe would be awesome.

• What is with the Captain Dinner ? I love to see the people with your best dress.

• What is with the Firework ? I read somewhere that the Escape will have a Firework per Cruise ? Like on the Breakaway

• Is there any evening where they play music and make a "Disco Atmosphere " inside the Dinning Room, where the Staff and maybe Guests can dance for few Minutes ?

*Sorry for my Englisch, and greetings from Europe.

Thank you !

Yes they have music daily poolside, as well as events.

There is Norwegian's Night Out - dress up or not. That is when you will find the most people dressed up. Also when there is picture taking time with the captain. Otherwise its freestyle, so people may or may not dress up.

No more fireworks on any ships.

Not to sure about the "disco" but I do not think so. There is karaoke-where the staff will interact, and they also will dance with you at the clubs and events. We have always found the staff very willing to interact with the passengers. Once at band karaoke the staff was playing, singing, dancing...and so was the crowd-passengers jamming on the drums and keyboards. It was great. A lot depends on the crowd too, but the UBP helps.

Safe sailing

1. During the day, can anyone tell me if they play Music on the Pool Deck, or if they have a DJ ? Sitting there with my cocktail and a nice vibe would be awesome.

• What is with the Captain Dinner ? I love to see the people with your best dress.

• What is with the Firework ? I read somewhere that the Escape will have a Firework per Cruise ? Like on the Breakaway

• Is there any evening where they play music and make a "Disco Atmosphere " inside the Dinning Room, where the Staff and maybe Guests can dance for few Minutes ?

Thank you !

1. Yes, there is live music on the Pool Deck, and in the evenings, throughout the ship.

2. You need a special invite to dine with the Captain, but you are free to dress up any night on NCL, which has no mandatory formal nights.

3. The Fireworks have been discontinued.

4. There is a Theme Party pretty much every night in the Spice H20, like 80s Night, Glow Party, White Hot, etc. Entertsinment staff is there to amp it up and get the crowd going. Lots of dancing for hours. The more formal Aft Dining Room on the "Away" ships have live music in the dining room and a small dance floor. Some of the new venues on the Escape may have live music as well, such as the 5:00 Somewhere Bar and District Brew House.

It would help to know what ship you will be on, as some things are unique to the "away" ships. Some ships have dedicated late night party lounges, others not, but the party is just held elsewhere. The older ships don't have dance floors in the MDR.

Edited by punkincc

Thank you !

1. Yes, they always have music, sometimes it is live other times it is like recorded music. I didn't have any complaints but it does set the mood.

2. I don't know about meeting the captain but there is a Norwegian Night Out where people dress up and have opportunities to take photos. There was also a chance to take photos with the captain as well.

3. There are no fireworks.

4. I haven't seen any dancing in the main dining rooms. I know the Manhattan Room has a ballroom feel so maybe there's dancing there? Someone else can probably fill you in. The staff does sing in the buffet area at times also. There are plenty parties though, I just came back on 09/20 after a 7 day and they had a 80's party in Spice H20 and other themed parties so you will have the chance to party!

Happy sailing.

Thank you very very much !! I will sailing on the new Escape ! And for the Captain Dinner, i like the how the people are dressed, everyone with your best dress :) I just took 1 Pictures with the Captain once, so not necessary. OK, i thought that at the Spice H20 will be the Party Sport, if i ( 25, and other young people ) can have fun with 80's music is another question, but there are plenty of possibilities :) I just know the Carnival Ships, which are more "Party Ship" no ? During the Day a Dj, at the Evening the Staff dance in the Dinner Restaurant, evening Deck Party or Nightclub :) And a lot of Young People, i don't no what to expect on NCL, but i think i will have fun as a Young Single Cruiser.. :)