Coral world/Coki (Toddlers)

july72807

After a lot of reading I am thinking the best "excursion" for us in St. Thomas is to visit Coral World and then walk down to Coki. I love that my kids can have the chance to see so many fish with just putting some googles on not having to go out on a catamaran.

Here are my questions though -

If we do Coral World first (approx. arrive at 9/9:30 AM) will we not be able to find a comfortable spot on Coki as I read that it gets crowded around 11:30 which would likely be the time we get down to the beach?

Online it says that our cruise ship is in port from 7 - 5 pm (another poster said he saw a change from 7 - 3 pm. If the time is cut that short I assume we will likely not have time for both coral and coki?)

*I know we could get off ship earlier however we don't depart until 10 PM the night before from the US and it is likely my kids will be exhausted and need a bit of rest.

If we bring car seats for the cab do we then lug the car seats with us to coral and then coki or do we trust the cab driver to keep them in his cab? Or is there another mode of transportation like a bus we can consider?

Any help appreciated! And my kids are young 2.5 & 4.5 and we will be there on Nov. 23

I take it you are on Carnival from San Juan.The Liberty still shows the schedule from 7am to 5

You may want to check in to the ship early in San Juan & put the kids down for a nap if you can get them to cooperate:D Sailing out of there at night is a beautiful experience

Coki & Coral World should be very possible on either schedule. There are only 2 other ships in port that day, so Coki shouldn't be that crowded.

Taxi is the best way to get there. Anything else requires a walk on each end, not easy for a small one. Many of the taxis are open air, bench seat buses. If you want to use your car seats, I'd contact the taxi association & pre arrange a driver.

http://vitaxiassociation.com/tours.html