Cleveland TV Station Travel Fair

AFT_LOVER

Very strange show today, watching a bitty segment with me on it, but a TA who I never heard of was a guest. She just went on & on about RCCL Enchantment of the Seas & how it was stretched adding 150 rooms, larger dining room, etc. Then she had photos of hte bungie cord trampoline showing elderly folks having fun. Then she goes on about how RCCL is for kids and their 75 shot water park that at night is a beuatiful fountain.

Then the host states that you have to phone her to get an invite to a travel fair at the TV station next month. They are having TA's, cruiselines, hotels, airlines, and how you can book your group a fun time together. Then I phoned their traffic dept as I worked in radio & tv in the 70's thru 90's, and sure enough this whole 15 minute segment was a big ad for this TA. She has leased out the conference room at the TV station to have folks from major travel talk to folks making reservations for their groups & the TV station gets a percentage.

So this may be coming to your city also, so stay tuned....

I have found most of these travel fairs to be complete rip offs. Even though they are broadcast on a radio or TV station and it sounds like they are sponsering them, you get there and find out it is really being sponsored by a few/several local TA's. There will be booths there from the cruise lines and resorts, but they don't have pricing. Instead, they send you back out to the tables of TA's.

If you already have a good TA, then stick with them and they will find you the good deals.

Listen on Radio and TV, plus look in the travel section of your local Sunday paper.

When you go there and talk to a TA, they should not over pressure you to book right there. Even if they are offering a show special, ask them if you can book with them tomorrow and still get the special. Remember, if they are offering free upgrades, it will not be from a lower inside to the grand suite. The show upgrades are within the same class (inside, oceanview, balcony, etc.) but you will get them in better locations on a ship. Be sure to ask if the price they are quoting you includes taxes, port fees, etc. Check the internet and the cruise line web sites for pricing before you go to one of these, so you know what price really is.

Archived