Mariner: Aft Cabins 1394 or 1694

Beffy1167

I know these aft cabins with extended balconies are coveted and we have the opportunity to have either one but I have two questions.

1: On the Voyager class, you're right under the Windjammer (at least by looking at the deck plans)--is there much noise from above? Is it disruptive of early morning sleep or rest time in the afternoons?

2: Both of these are adjoining cabins and we would not have family members beside us. How much would we hear from the cabins next door? And how much might they hear from us? We're taking our son with us (he'll be 18 months old when we travel) and are concerned about both the noise of a toddler disrupting neighbors AND our sleep being disturbed by same neighbors.

We're already booked into 9594, just forward of midship on deck 9 and not an adjoining cabin but we're trying to decide if we should switch. The larger balcony sure appeals--especially since we're planning on using it during our son's afternoon naptimes!

We were on the Mariner, Cabin 1694 JS on 9/11/05, Western Carib. We didn't have any trouble with noise from the Windjammer above or adjoining cabins. We found it no different than other deck 10 cabins we've stayed in. The balcony and cabin are terrific. Be warned – it is a long walk to the stairs/elevator midship. Also, when you turn into the hallway to walk aft, make sure you are walking aft. I got used to walking down the port side hallway, you turn left when you enter the hallway. If you enter the starboard hallway and turn left you are walking toward the bow. Well, I did that one day. Because you already walk a long way I was 3/4 of the way to the bow before I realized my mistake, DOH!

We had a terrific cruise, cabin attendant, and wait staff. Chops was excellent. We only did RCCL excursions (river tubing in Jamaica, Stingray City, and Tulum). All were excellent!

Archived