Dry Dock Schedules?

DFWflyermom

Is there a known list of carnival ships that will tell you when each one is scheduled for dry dock? I was just on the magic and it was rumored to be going into dry dock in two weeks but where to find that info? It's not a good experience cruising with an entire ship of employees at the end of their contracts and we also heard it was already 20% less employees (some had already ended their contracts). I would like to avoid this in the future. Employees that are tired, overworked (because they are short handed) and ready to go home after 7 months (typical contract) is not meant for good service.

Is there a known list of carnival ships that will tell you when each one is scheduled for dry dock? I was just on the magic and it was rumored to be going into dry dock in two weeks but where to find that info? It's not a good experience cruising with an entire ship of employees at the end of their contracts and we also heard it was already 20% less employees (some had already ended their contracts). I would like to avoid this in the future. Employees that are tired, overworked (because they are short handed) and ready to go home after 7 months (typical contract) is not meant for good service.

Are you sure about that possible drydock date change rumor?

The Magic is scheduled for drydock from 2/21/16 to 3/06/16

Located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_FactSheet.htm

You can Google (Carnival drydock schedule), to obtain info.

We never sail 6 to 8 months prior to a drydock, and at least 2 to 3 months post a drydock.

:)

This is interesting, We are scheduled to sail The Magic in 23 days, 11/8/15. I would hope the reduction of work force would not take away from the quality of cruising that we've enjoyed on past Magic cruises.

Are you sure about that possible drydock date change rumor?

The Magic is scheduled for drydock from 2/21/16 to 3/06/16

Located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_FactSheet.htm

You can Google (Carnival drydock schedule), to obtain info.

We never sail 6 to 8 months prior to a drydock, and at least 2 to 3 months post

:)

Thanks for the info. I'm surely going to pay a lot more attention to these details in the future. I'm not sure on that move up date on the dry docking however we talked to probably 30 employees and every single one was finishing their contract within 2 weeks. Seems kind of odd....I would think they would stagger the ending of contracts.

Besides the staff how was the cruise? I'm thinking about this boat for next yesr.

A cruise is what you make of it. We were with my son who is getting ready to deploy with the military and we had a ball. The ports were fantastic, however I did a lot of research on excursions and I feel I picked well. Our rooms were great as well as the cabin steward. We like the comedy club and as always it was hit or miss. We had never cruised this time of year before and it was a different mix of people. Truely the biggest downfall was the food. Carnival is not known for their food but this new menu (in my opinion) is a dismal failure. Added to the fact it took almost 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to get through the dining room every night didn't help. We had anytime dining and I really wish we would have done a scheduled time slot. Not a lot of activities going on during the day (maybe just not what interested us) but we played a lot of cards and had fun.