decisions descisions!!

SheltieLady

My husband & I are looking at cruising in January 2007 for his 50th birthday, and I'm torn between two cruises one on Carnival Legend 8 nights Southern Caribbean the other RCCL Jewel of the Seas 8 night Western Caribbean. I have read reviews on both ships only read 1 bad on Jewel of the seas (the bed bug) but have read several bad on Carnival Legend. I have been on different review list and RCCL Jewel has only had the bad review.

I'm leaning towards Jewel of the Seas even with the bad (bed bug review), my questions is has anyone been on both of these ships. I would love to hear what you think?

I'm hoping to make my final decision within the next two months and get it booked.

I have never been on these ships, but I did a Carnival and a RCI Cruise a year apart from each other. The Carnival Pride disappointed us greatly, they did automatic tipping on everything from the Cabin stewards to the Dining room staff so they didn't do anything more then they needed to for you. It was hard to get a drink, and no one really seemed like they cared. We will never go back to Carnival.

We were pleased with the RCI Voyager, the staff was far better they really seemed like wanted to help you. RCI generally has you tip at the end of the week. I can't say this systems is a major factor in quality of service, but in our case it seemed that way.

We have been on Royal Caribbean's Jewel and love her. We are booked again next July.

I have real concerns on the story about the bed bugs. They never did take any of the "so called bugs", I would have had them in a jar. Sounds strange to me. So don't believe everything you hear.

I, also, have not been on either ship, but we are booked on the Jewel 11/1. We booked that cruise mostly because of all the fave reviews of that ship. One bad review? That would never keep me away from anything, when offset by so many good ones.

Beware....I took my husband on the Explorer last year for our first cruise and now, of course, we're hooked! We found RCI to be wonderful and met all our expectations. We anticipate this cruise to be even better! My guess is that at age 50, RCI will better meet your needs. We found a great cross section of age groups, with 45-60 being the average. Good luck with whatever you choose!

PS....we have two shelties. Gotta love those little shedding wonders!

My DH and I are booked on the Jewel for the eight day Eastern, I think it's January 13. We have not been on the Jewel, but love the Radiance. We have been on her twice and will go again this January 8, changing from the Grandeur to the Radiance. DH probably would have liked to go Radiance again in 2007, but I wanted to try a different Radiance class ship.

I think you would love the Jewel. The Radiance is very elegant, big enough but not too big.

LHH

Archived