Magen's Bay Morning Ceremony..millions of questions, anxious bride.

xkisses

The date is 12/15/15, and we hired a St. Thomas officiant to come get us from the ship, take us to the Courthouse, then take us to the beach for the ceremony. It will be first thing in the morning (my hair appointment is at 8 am and we'll be getting off the boat as soon as it's done). We'd planned on bringing beach gear with us and using the facilities on the beach to change after the ceremony, and just enjoy a beach day before catching a ride back to the ship. It's just the two of us.

Anyone else had a similar experience or planning something close? Any tips or guidance?

I feel like I'm leaving a lot up to chance because I'm unfamiliar with the location, the ship, the whole process, etc. I"m also wondering if there is a better option for us as far as something to do after the ceremony. Excursions are out because by the time the ceremony happens - most excursions will have left (and we're in wedding attire anyway). Also I feel like we should take advantage of the space on the beach we'll already have carved out for the ceremony - it's supposed to be super-busy that day with lots of ships in port.

Thoughts from anyone?

(also..I'd like for us to wear our wedding attire to dinner that night. Would that be weird? I know we can't have steamers or irons - any ideas on how to preserve the outfits during our beach day after the ceremony so they don't get all wrinkled?)

TIA...trying to remember to breathe. :)

We were married at Magen's Bay and it was gorgeous. You will love it! We had a larger group and a reception though so I cant help out with the beach planning very much.

I was able to get two steamers onto the ship for my wedding, so never say never; I took on a large and small "my little steamer". All of our guys were in linen, this was a huge help.

We did dinner in the main dining room in all of our garb that night. It was fun. I would second the idea of a specialty restaurant to make it more romantic.

Congrats!