Taking soft drinks on ship?

Are there restrictions from the porters sailing out of New Orleans?

IIRC porters at NOLA do not take beverages as checked luggage.

What about Port Canaveral? Can I just stick a luggage tag on it?

Yes, you should be ok anywhere on east coast (Tampa not included but it's technically on other side ;)).

I thought I had read that you weren't allowed to bring coolers on board. Maybe that's just for carry-on purposes?

I think that depends on the port....We always slap a luggage tag on our roll on cooler on the Dawn in Boston, but I was told we cant do that in New Orleans.

IIRC attempting to locate a company with this abbreviation. My NCL PCC said the porters at NOLA would handle soda and bottled water with a cabin tag. Now I want to confirm with IIRC and have our PCC corrected.

IIRC = If I remember correctly.

Your best bet is to search this forum for the info.

I called the port of New Orleans and Norwegian and clarified the information.

The porters perform their work in accordance to Norwegians policy-instructions.

Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of checked baggage. The case of water or soda is counted as a piece. In order for the porters to check it, ensure you only have 1 suitcase and 1 case of water or soda. You are also allowed 1 carry-on.

Edited by minisuitegian

The porters perform their work in accordance to Norwegians policy-instructions. Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of checked baggage. The case of water or soda is counted as a piece. In order for the porters to check it, ensure you only have 1 suitcase and 1 case of water or soda. You are also allowed 1 carry-on.

Absolutely not true. We have never had any problems checking in as many pieces of luggage as we want and/or as many carry-ons as needed.

The porters are unionized and have different contracts in different ports, that is what causes the different policies in different ports, not NCL policies.

Edited by Demonyte