Formal Nights in Asia

I cannot speak for the Singapore embarkations, but when we were in Mariner in March out of Shanghai, the Chinese generally did not dress up. At all. They looked the same as every other day. The international travelers did dress formally (as did we), but I believe it is more about who will be on the cruise versus where it is sailing.

Our cruise was atypical in that it was 95+% Chinese. My understanding is that the Singapore sailings have a more international crowd.

We will be back on Mariner to do B2B for Xmas/NY from Singapore so please let us know how it goes!

My wife and I were on the Mariner of the Seas for B2B cruises out of Singapore in early 2014. We dressed up for all formal nights and whilst definitely in the minority, we didn't seem to feel out of place. I think the crew appreciated it. First cruise we didn't have many foreigners on so we really stood out. The second cruise to Thailand and Vietnam were many more foreigners so we all blended in. There weren't too many Asian's dressed up at all on either cruise. A few but not many. We are sailing B2B on Quantum of the Seas out of Shanghai in March 2016. I am sure we will be in the minority again, but I will definitely dress up. It's part of the fun. I am an Aussie and my wife is Filipino just so you know.

Cheers