Hair Salon on Allure?

LEOwife

Is there a hair salon in the spa still? How do I make reservations for it (for Formal Night)? All I'm seeing are reviews and posts from 2011. Anyone had their hair done on board recently?

Always have my hair done formal nights. You must reserve on board. The operators vary- I have had a couple that were very good and a couple that were not. It really depends upon your hair. Most are good with blow dry styles- but if you have not so easy to style hair it is a "crap shoot".

With my hair, typically after they finish, I go back to the stateroom to fix it the way that I prefer- At least it was washed, blown and styled and easier for me to fix.

Enjoy your cruise and treat yourself to a hair styling. Also for your choice of times, it is necessary to go to the spa soon after you board. They do get booked up some times.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We're on board the Allure now. My friend just had his hair cut this morning and he said his stylist (from the Philippines ) was very competent. His cut certainly came out well so I can attest to a great salon experience.

We were on the Allure from 10/4-10/11 and DH had his hair cut in the salon by a male stylist from the Phillipines. He said it was the best haircut that he has ever had. Price was around $35 and he had an Emerald level discount on a salon service - I think it was 15% off.