Weather Question For Oct 3 4 Nighter

Dovey

If course it will rain on us while on this cruise, duh.

I refuse to let this ruin my fun. I am curious about some things and wonder if anyone can comment?

I looked at one website that states a 40% chance of precipitation and scattered thunderstorms. What exactly does this mean? I had always thought that a % of precipitation was the % of the CHANCE of rain. However, on the radio yesterday I thought I caught a snipet of a discussion on just this very matter. I could have sworn that they said precipitation % has to do with HOW MUCH rain there will possibly be, not if there is a chance of rain or not.

If anyone has been on this particular cruise during rainy hurricane season have you ever had enough sun to get a tan? Or enough break in the rain to make it worth the time to put on a suit, find a chair, order a drink, lay back and read a book before having to take cover?

Does the cruise line change the itenerary (sp?) to take in to account sun and fun time or are changes strictly for safety measures?

Thank you for any help.

I looked at the 15 day forecast myself yesterday and was disappointed to see the report. :( But for me it is still out there 15 days and alot can change in that time, for better or worse. I have always thought it was the % possiblity of a shower or rain. But when it says scattered or isolated that is small chance. We have cruised in Oct. before and had gorgeous weather. If you have not been in the sun it takes all of about 15 mins to get a sunburn in that area. So you may welcome in and out sun. Sometimes I look for clouds :) When we are at sea the captain can sail around rain showers. It will be great (I hope) I am going to bring some of those disposable rain ponchos..they got steamy inside but I'd rather be a little warm then wet from a passing shower.

Archived