No RCCI Cruise for Me

osiebosie

Well, ya'll, I guess we're not going to be on the Grandeur this December. We were so excited about the cruise from NO, and, of course, now that is not going to happen. RC was gracious enough to offer different cruises for the same rate, but we just couldn't find one leaving from Sat to Sat at a port close enough to drive to. It seemed there was something wrong with each cruise, and airfare for four was too much.

So, we are now booked on NCL out of Charleston. We were so excited about RC since we had never sailed it before. CC is out of the question; won't do them again. So, we are on NCL this time.

Maybe the next year we can get on a RC ship.

We sure are disappointed, but at least we are cruising, knock on wood.

:(

Shay

sorry we lost you, osiebosie! I've got a group of 15 friends who were on Grandeur, and we're still trying to find space on Legend (all but one cabin has been assigned, but alas the remaining cabin is a triple) - no idea what we'll do if we can't get on! We didn't like the sailing out of Galveston (forget which ship) and the only other comparable Vision sailing is 'the' Vision out of LA to the Mexican Riviera. not exactly the Caribbean cruise we were planning. :(

Have you sailed NCL before? I saw that sailing out of Charleston, but just don't know anything about that ship or NCL in general.

We looked at Tampa, but Charleston is actually closer. We also really needed Sat to Sat cruise for work purposes. The Grandeur being turned into 4 and 5 day cruises really ruined it for us. We didn't want to drive that distance for less than 7 days. We could have had them back to back for the same price, a really great deal if you want to spend one day back in Tampa and go to Coz twice. We didn't. Plus, nine days would interfere with work.

We sailed on NCL years ago, and our kids were 17. Too old for kids programs and one year too young for 18 and older. It wasn't the best cruise. However, now the kids are grown, and they aren't even coming with us, so that won't be a problem. I'm a little iffy on the freestyle thing, but have no negative memories of NCL, other than the kid thing. We like the itinerary, can drive to Charleston in one day, and it's not Carnival:D :D .

Oooops.

That just slipped out.

Shay

Archived