Interior now more $ than our SO

Dovey

Why would RCCL now, 2 days before our cruise be charging more money for a less desireable cabin?

Wouldn't they want to be sure they could sell the space therefor offer it for less $? Or is it the opposite, they hope someone would be so desperate that the passenger is willing to spend almost double for the cabin than what it was many moths ago and take the chance that they won't be able to sell it?

Didn't there used to be a time that you could get a really good deal if you booked super early OR super late?

In years past I've tried to book a last minute cabin, only to find the price was too high. I think the only time to find those great deals are after final payments are due and the ship is nowhere near sold out.

We have our next little weekend cruise booked for Nov. 25th, right after Thanksgiving, we booked it last January, getting a nice post cruise rebate. Now, the same cruise, same cabin, is going for $250 more per person. And, no rebate, so really $275 more, per person.

Almost every cruise we have taken has been booked well in advance, we have never seen price reductions on any of them, only increases.

Dovey, I'm assuming you're referring to a cruise on the Monarch, Sovereign or Majesty based on the "SO" category.

I had the same situation happen.. I have a group booked on the Monarch in Dec and we paid $260.00 base cruise fare for SO cabins. At the last minute someone decided they wanted to go and they're paying $414.00 base cruise fare for an inside. The trick with the 3/4 day ships is to book early for the best rates. Those ship usually sail full every week so the closer it gets to departure the higher the rates get. Also, there are very few SO and premium category cabins on the Sovereign class ships and they tend to go first (and fast). IMO, the SO category is the only way to go on these ships due to the extra room, and if booked early enough they are less expensive then the standard inside and outsides.

Archived