gluten free breakfast

kajasmin

I have celiac disease. I have cruised with carnival and found lunch to be very difficult to eat (buffet). On NCL I understand I can eat at MDR during lunch so I'm hoping that will be easier. Carnival I could eat an egg omelet at the buffet for breakfast and it was ok... anyone know how breakfast is for gf people on ncl? My reservation has celiac noted and I've filled out all paperwork. We leave Saturday on Escape. Tips appreciated!

Mom is gluten sensitive, has been last 4 or 5 cruises.

There is one waiter/waitress assigned to "special diets" as they call it. You should have a letter in your cabin confirming your dietary requirements and the name and contact number of the person who will be taking care of you the entire cruise.

When you board, go to the main dining room that is serving lunch. TELL your server you are gluten free. They should contact your person at that point and they should be available to assist you with your lunch order. You will be shown the dinner menu and they will tell you what can be prepared gluten free. They will come find you at dinner and take your breakfast order if you want.

Breakfast--- be SURE to ask for FRESH EGGS. This means if you want an omelot, ask for fresh egg omelot only. Otherwise you get scrambled eggs in a carton. They are purchased outside NCL and Mom has been told there is no guarantee of being gluten free with an outside product.

They have gluten free bread - ask for it at any meal. Mom had french toast made with the gluten free bread. She said it was delicious. She did not care for the gluten free pancakes, but everyone's taste buds are different.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

I've always been able to find gluten free items in the NCL buffet lines, and don't forget to let your excursion people know. We told our whale watching excursion people that we had two members in our party who were GF, and the boat Captain made a special GF salad, brought from home and made by his wife, just for us! Now that's service! (Maui, in case you were wondering). Lunch was great, and the crew of that catamaran bent over backwards to make our excursion memorable. Don't let Celiac hold you back...