Freedom Rooms Question

I am booked on the Freedom for July 06 and I wanted to had a third person to our room and RCC says they have no rooms available where you can add a third or fourth guest. Does this ship have less rooms that accommodate more than two passengers or is this ship that close to being sold out?

Regardless of how your room is configured, the ship has a maximum capacity. If that capacity has been reached, then they will not allow you to add people to your room. And the first few months of this ship sold out very quickly.

I think they still have rooms available, just not rooms that will accommodate three people. It looks like a great ship and my teenagers can't wait to go. My husband can't get off work and I have a cousin who would love to join us. I guess that's not going to happen unless some people back out.

I am booked on the Freedom for July 06 and I wanted to had a third person to our room and RCC says they have no rooms available where you can add a third or fourth guest. Does this ship have less rooms that accommodate more than two passengers or is this ship that close to being sold out?

Which type of room were you wanting to add another person? The PR rooms will ONLY sleep two so if that is the room you are booked in, maybe that is why?

They would rather fill all the rooms with 2 passengers rather than have some empty so others can have a 3rd and 4th (much cheaper for those 3rd & 4th passengers). If they filled all the cabins with maximum room capacity they would be over their total allotment of passengers. Sometimes they will open it up and let you add to the rooms closer to sail date, if they are not full to capacity. I would check on the waitlist, unless you'd rather change dates and have a guaranteed room for all.

I called RCCL today and it appears you are right. They have plenty of rooms that could accommodate three people but they are only taking reservations for two per room. They would not put me on a wait list but rather told me to call back around Thanksgiving to see if they lifted the requirement. I'm a big time advance planner so the waiting will make me crazy. I could change the sailing date to mid August but I don't really want to cruise then. I'll be optomistic and wait it out. Thanks for the help!

Archived