Scooter/door Width

NJEWERS

Hello everyone!

My DH and I will be sailing on 11/6 on the Radiance. He has MS and when on board I usually push him in a companion type chair. We were just thinking we should rent a scooter for him but as we do not have an accessable stateroom we were not sure if it would fit thru the door!! Anyone know if a scooter would fit thur the door of a balcony stateroom?? If so, what would be the best company to rent from in Miami?? Thank you all so much.

The doors of the regular cabins on the Jewel were quite narrow....not sure of exact width. I think you would need to call for a measurement and then depending on your husband's size perhaps you could find a narrow scooter. They come in so many sizes.

Good Luck!

Call the disabilities contact for your cruise line and ask who they suggest. The company will have the scooter on board when you arrive.

We are going on HAL and they said they will know the correct width (less than 22 inches in this case)

they have used scootaround.com and CruiseShipAssist.com

Just letting you know that my scooter which is a small Pride Go-Go is 18.5" wide and fit through the regular balcony cabin door on the Navigator of the Seas last February. NCL told me the Spirit doors were either 21 or 22 inches sot I'm looking forward to having no problem with this ship either. I'll let you know how it goes when we return on 14 November.

RustyF(formerly IrisF)

Archived