Just booked my wedding cruise!!

makeese

Hello Fellow Cruisers! I just booked my Carnival Wedding on the Carnival Elation and now I can officially be excited!

We will be leaving Jacksonville, FL on Jan 5, 2017 for 4 nights to the Bahamas and getting married while in Nassau on Jan 7, 2017.

Has anyone done any excursions in Freeport, Bahamas before?

Hello Fellow Cruisers! I just booked my Carnival Wedding on the Carnival Elation and now I can officially be excited!

We will be leaving Jacksonville, FL on Jan 5, 2017 for 4 nights to the Bahamas and getting married while in Nassau on Jan 7, 2017.

Has anyone done any excursions in Freeport, Bahamas before?

Congrats!!!!

Could you let me know around how much this Costs??

We are expecting to spend about 6k total and that includes my dress, invites, our own cabin...

I think I'll spend about 3k on the cruise wedding itself to include about 25-30 people. I'll definitely let you know when we are all said and done though.

Thank you so much! I have been thinking about letting go a traditional wedding for this kind of wedding. I was also thinking about 30 people including family and wedding party. I did not plan on anyone cruising with us but if they wanted to, we wouldn't mind. I meant the cost for the wedding itself, the cruise portion, so thanks for including that :) Did you have to book the cruise first and pay it in full before they let you book your wedding or did the cost all come in together? I am pretty excited about This option bc we discussed it briefly at the beginning of our planning my stages but now seeing how much cheaper it is than traditional, I'm all for it!! :)

Thank you so much! I have been thinking about letting go a traditional wedding for this kind of wedding. I was also thinking about 30 people including family and wedding party. I did not plan on anyone cruising with us but if they wanted to, we wouldn't mind. I meant the cost for the wedding itself, the cruise portion, so thanks for including that :) Did you have to book the cruise first and pay it in full before they let you book your wedding or did the cost all come in together? I am pretty excited about This option bc we discussed it briefly at the beginning of our planning my stages but now seeing how much cheaper it is than traditional, I'm all for it!! :)

You are required to put a deposit on your room and then book the ceremony/reception package. We are cruising on carnival so I'm not sure if it's the same for other cruise lines. We are inviting about 60 and hoping for 25 and not having a bridal party. Email me at makeese@yahoo.com to discuss more. I'm sure you have a lot of the same questions I did and I read A LOT on these forums.

This may be a dumb question, but do you have the traditional reception format? I'm booked for a RC wedding, without a wedding party, but I'm confused about how the ceremony and a one hour reception should go?

We are treating the one hour reception as a cocktail party. Mine comes with one hour open bar and hot and cold apps. I'm sure everyone will still be hungry after but I figured they can go to the buffet if needed. We are getting married on the boat while in Nassau and I want the ceremony/reception to be done ASAP so we can get off the boat and sightsee. I also don't have a wedding party and carnival told me it would be hard to do all the traditional things (bridal party announcement, mother/son dance, father/daughter dance, etc). So we are only going to be announced and do our dance. I want to make sure the pictures are al taken and we aren't rushed.

We are treating the one hour reception as a cocktail party. Mine comes with one hour open bar and hot and cold apps. I'm sure everyone will still be hungry after but I figured they can go to the buffet if needed. We are getting married on the boat while in Nassau and I want the ceremony/reception to be done ASAP so we can get off the boat and sightsee. I also don't have a wedding party and carnival told me it would be hard to do all the traditional things (bridal party announcement, mother/son dance, father/daughter dance, etc). So we are only going to be announced and do our dance. I want to make sure the pictures are al taken and we aren't rushed.

We had a one hour reception and skipped all of the traditional items to ensure we had enough time. They [the onboard coordinator] ended up letting us extend our time a bit. If you are cool with bucking tradition, you might be able to schedule your photos for earlier in the day before the ceremony. We did our photos before our ceremony and then just did the formal family ones quickly between the ceremony and reception.