Shopping for Cruise for 3 by Total Price

I typically search out cruises with some of the lowest "per night costs"

When shopping for a cruise for 2 I always found it difficult to make fair apples to apples comparisons of price due to the taxes/fees not included in the listed price. That was manageable as you just double the listed price and add a bit for taxes/fees.

Now my wife and I have a little one (<1 year) and comparing the total prices for cruises is near impossible due to varying treatment of the third passenger.

Are there any tools available to shop by total price for three in one cabin? From what I have seen so far a cruise with a low fare for two may only discount the third passenger 10-25% but a more expensive (for two) cruise may discount the third passenger much more making the total lower than the first example. Would a travel agent have access to better tools?

Hi,

I feel your pain, my dd turned 1 in September and we took her on her first cruise in june.

There was absolutely no way for me to get accurate pricing doing it on my own. I had to involve a TA and he had to phone several cruiselines as some have different pricing for kids under the age of 2 that seems to be excluded from the online booking engines.

We ended up with a HAL cruise and paying about 25% of the normale cruise fare for dd. No bargain, but worth it to us.

There are specials again and again for 3rd / 4th passanger or kids sail free if you are flexible in dates, cruiselines etc.

We had to take our cruise in the last June / first july week so our options were limited.