Help need suggestions cruising out of Port Everglades

jenrand

My family and I will be taking the Indy out of Port Everglades in March. We have never sailed out of this port so I am clueless. We plan on staying one night after the cruise too. Can anyone recommend transportation to and from cruise port and from hotel when we leave. Also can someone recommend a hotel. Would like to be near the beach if possible. There will be 9 of us. Thank you.

My family and I will be taking the Indy out of Port Everglades in March. We have never sailed out of this port so I am clueless. We plan on staying one night after the cruise too. Can anyone recommend transportation to and from cruise port and from hotel when we leave. Also can someone recommend a hotel. Would like to be near the beach if possible. There will be 9 of us. Thank you.

Port Everglades is very near the airport and hotels. Taxis the usually mode of transport and are plentiful and not expensive.

You may want to check out the Florida Departures board for hotel into:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. It has free transportation from the airport to the hotel and free breakfast. Near the beach. There is a tram right outside the door that is very cheap. It makes a big circle which includes the beach and mall. For a small fee, they will get you to the pier.

We've cruised from there a few times. We stayed at the Bahia Mar. It's across the street from the beach (has a walking bridge over the street so it's an easy walk over). It's also walking distance to restaurants, shops, and water taxi stop. Just a quick taxi ride to port or airport.

I also stay at the Holiday inn Express on 17th. Close to the Airport and they have a free airport shuttle.There is a Walgreens down the street. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. They also have a shuttle service to take you to the cruise port for a reasonable fee.

I will be staying there 2 nights next week before sailing on the Indy. Then we will stay again in March before sailing on the Navigator.

Enjoy your Cruise!

JoeRum

I've been in and out of Port Everglades 4 times year. Always a smooth experience from airport to port. It's my favorite because the distance is so short - 10-12 minutes with traffic from cruise terminal to airport door. Most of the time the security terminal is empty is well (so much so that they tend to use only one x-ray machine or body scanner at any given time). I've never had an issue although the seating can get crowded. If you fly Delta, the Sky lounge is ALWAYS empty so go there if you can.