NCL Groups now only 14 guests?

UNIrd

I tried to search but didn't find anything on this. My family was considering getting a group of us together to sail on the Escape or the Getaway. I'm pretty sure in the past, the group minimum for benefits was 16 guests and 8 cabins.

Now on NCL's website, it shows the minimum is only 14 people and doesn't specify any # of cabins. Would that mean it's 7 now?

I found the info here:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/group-cruises

Edited by UNIrd

It says you can get a group rate if you have 14 passengers. I think you are trying to find words that are not written. If you distrust the wording.....just call them.

How To

GET GROUP DISCOUNTS

At Norwegian Cruise Line, we believe "the more the merrier" when it comes to cruising. If your group adds up to 14 or more passengers you can take advantage of our discounted group rates. Let us help you with the details of planning your group vacation. Fill out the form below, and a Group Travel Consultant will get back to you. Or, feel free to call us at: 1.855.625.4768.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

Yes they have changed the policy for affinity groups only...that means a family or small group of friends wanting to travel together. The 14th person's fare would be given to you as a tour conductor credit, just the fare...not the taxes or fees or you could use that as on board credit for everyone. Travel agency groups still need 16 people. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your help. I did call and they explained that they do have an option of 7 cabins and 14 guests but everyone in the group has to agree on the same amenity. They still have the 8 cabins and 16 guests option as well if everyone would like to keep their individual Choice promotion.

They also said they are working on getting the website updated with the cabin requirement.

What are the "benefits" if I put together a group of 8 cabins?

6&8

I am doing a group for my 2016 summer cruise to Bermuda. The benefits are great. As stated before you would get a free fare, not including taxes and port charges, plus the cruise line gives you group perks. The group perks are based on the cabin types( it can include a 2 hour reception, obc, etc. My group is at 14 cabins and I am pushing to get two more cabins sold to get the second fare free. At final payment, I will probably find out what group perk we got-we are mixed with some inside, 1 single, 1 ov and mainly balcony cabins.

I am so excited to travel for less and my cost has been stamps, email and a little time. I also held 10 cabins for my group in September 2015(paid the deposit for 2 in cabins)

I am also offering family perks to our group(NCL gift cards to my family and friends). The family perk made my family book early and NCL refunded me the deposits.

Some deposits came back to me within 24 hours of booking. I am looking forward to planning another group trip!!