IConcierage vs Viber & Whatsapp

bambione

We are leaving on the Getaway on Jan 10th (yeah!!). We are in a large group of 15 people or so. I suggested that we get the IConcierage app and sign up for the texting package. Someone in my group suggested that we could possibly use WhatsApp or Viber. Does anyone have any suggestions, would these other apps work onboard? For some reason I'm thinking only IConcierage will work, because that's on the ship's system. We would be too far away from anything for another app to work. But I could be wrong. I don't need to stay in touch with my relatives (and husband) every minute, but occasionally will be nice to meet up for cocktails.

Any internet based options will only work if you have the Internet, so the cost of that would work out at about $25 per day per person (as you would all have to be logged on at the same time).

Iconcierge meanwhile costs about $8 each for the week. It may not be perfect, but at the cost it's the only option (unless you need the Internet of other reasons, although even then you could share a package if you aren't planning on messaging each other).

Edited by KeithJenner

Thanks Keith,

That's kind of what I was thinking. I think the price of the app for a week of texting is pretty reasonable. And if I want to ignore someone texts I'll just say wifi wasn't working in my cocktail area.

Karen