All in one offer...if you can call it that?!?!

Hi,

Just checking if there is usually a £750 difference per person between an inside guarantee cabin and an inside chosen cabin on a 2 week cruise.

Just done a price check and the guarantee price per adult is £1,199 for a guarantee...for 4 people a family of 4 at regular price the total is £3,796. So I thought that applying the offer would give me a nice discount (2nd person 1/2 price, 3rd and 4th 25% off).

But when I called they said they could not apply it to the guarantee price, the lowest price inside cabin is £1,950 (£750 more than the guarantee price)...so even with half price 2nd person, and 25% off 3rd and 4th person the total price is higher at £3,825.

I know this includes drinks packages for 2 people, but I never realised what a scam the offers were :( Especially considering we could end up paying more for a room that could have been allocated as a guarantee?!?!

Guarantee cabins aren't usually offered for three or four passengers. The reason, as I understand it, is that not all cabins are designed for that many passengers. Since the cruise line's purpose in offering guarantees is to gain flexibility for themselves, it defeats the purpose of offering a guarantee if they offer it to passengers that need one of the (rarer) cabins with additional sleeping space.

So it's not really surprising to me that you couldn't combine a guarantee with a sale on third and fourth passengers. I'm sorry you were disappointed, though.