beverage package question

iriemon

Thanks for this and to the poster who posted the links to drinks menus.

I'd have to drink about 7 drinks a day to make it worth while.

I'll be travelling with an 8.5 year old - glad to hear that he does not need to be signed up as well, but can I use my package to buy him a virgin daiquiri? (I know I could on the sly, but I'd prefer to be honest in my dealings.)

No -- you are not allowed to share the package with anyone -- not even buying a virgin daiquiri for your child. They can inform the front office of what you did and cancel that off your ID card -- and you not get a refund of any unused portion of the package.

Hi there, we're going on our first HAL cruise later this year and in the past have been used to the AI approach on Celebrity and therefore looking at the drinks package.

If the package covers drinks upto US$8 (including 15% service) that means drinks priced up to $6.95 on the menu. All of the cocktails (other than cocktails of the day) seem to be ~$7.50+ so wouldn't now be included.

Is my layman's understanding correct or have the increased the $8 limit?

Thanks in advance.

I just talked to HAL Ship Services since we're cruising next week with the Signature Beverage Package included. To clarify, the drink-cost limit is still $8, but the service charge is included in the $50 day cost or package valuation. So your martinis and other cocktails $8 and under are covered.

I've booked other future cruises without the beverage package at lower fares because we didn't think we'd drink that much, and what we do drink will now count towards our Mariner Society $300 cruise-day spending bonus.

Edited by blizzardboy

I just talked to HAL Ship Services since we're cruising next week with the Signature Beverage Package included. To clarify, the drink-cost limit is still $8, but the service charge is included in the $50 day cost or package valuation. So your martinis and other cocktails $8 and under are covered.

I've booked other future cruises without the beverage package at lower fares because we didn't think we'd drink that much, and what we do drink will now count towards our Mariner Society $300 cruise-day spending bonus.

Thanks all for helping clarify.