Internet Service Preventing Charges

xpanmanx

If you're on one of the newer ships there's newer more affordable internet packages.

Social ($5 per day) - Access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, WhatsApp, & snapchat but no internet.

Value ($16 per day) - Internet access including email, news, sports, weather, banking, and finance. ( No Skype or music streaming.)

Premium ($25 per day) - emails, Internet, Skype, at the fastest possible connection speeds up to 3 times faster than the value plan.

Thanks for summarizing this.

I'll be on the Carnival Breeze soon. Does anyone know if the $5 HUB onboard texting app a separate add-on charge to any internet package? And can the internet package be shared between devices? I realize it would be one at a time, but can two phones share a login?

I'd explain to my teens what they were allowed to do on the internet aboard ship. If the signed up for more without permission their devise would be turned off and locked up in the safe for the duration. Some things are not negotiable when you're the parent ... and the one paying.

Just MHO

I totally agree, but you still have the risk of devices coming out of airplane mode "accidentally" and costing you a ton due to emails and other pushed items. Sadly, you won't discover that this happened until next months bill :(

I either wouldn't allow the devices at all, or if there was a need for them then I would call verizon and interrupt the wireless service for the duration of the trip. I would even test it once the ship was offshore just to make sure :o

So, is the charge per cabin, per device or what? We have 2 smart phones, a Kindle Fire, a Kindle Paperwhite and a Samsung tablet.

You can only use one device per plan at a time, but you can log out of one and into another easily enough. You just can't use them simultaneously without buying two packages.