Juta Taxi fare to Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay

janica

We are interested in going to Sandals Royal Caribbean on a Dass Pass during our Feb. 2016 cruise. I have not been able to find a schedule of Juta Taxi fares. Has anyone take a taxi ? If so what was the round trip charge, from the cruise terminal, for an adult? Thank you so much. :)

I emailed the Sandals RC Resort. The day passes are $85 per person. You don't need to pay in advance, but pay upon the arrival at the resort. I would contact them though for some kind of authorization. I have read that some people have gotten out there and been refused admission. The email contact I have is: kitanya.mirander@grp.sandals.com It took several days to get a response. Where are you cruising from and your date. We are going out of Galveston on Feb.21 on RC Liberty. Our holdup is the expense of getting out there. I cannot find out about the Juta cab fares. Island Routes offers transport service. I contacted Damion Davis: damion.davis@island routes.com. The round trip is $40 per person. We find it ridiculous to pay $80 for a few miles (20 minutes from cruise terminal). What form of transportation would you plan on taking to the resort? I hope this helps and hope that you can answer some transportation questions for me! Janica

We are on the same sailing! I've heard the same things as you about being refused admission upon arrival. I'm hesitant for the same reasons. We'll probably end up at Doctor's Cave Beach via taxi, through one of the RC excursions or at one of the Resort for a Day all-inclusives. We are really struggling with Montego Bay excursions. Seems easier to get to everything from Falmouth.

Edited by uoftxchik

We are thinking about Doctor's Cave now, too! Small world. We have located transportation for $20pp thru http://www.jamaica-tour.com/montego-bay-tours.htm. It is the last entry on their page. Doctor's Cave gets good reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm going to check out the reviews on Cruise Critic before booking. I just can't see spending $240 for the Sandals trip, although it looks beautiful. Keep me posted, if you find out anything pertinent and I will do the same!

We are traveling with my parents so there are four of us. We're using the same logic for Doctor's Cave. It's $12/person for entrance and a beach chair. So, $48 total plus transportation. We may also take the RCCL excursion as it is $39/person and includes transport. I like that Doctor's Cave is close to the Hip Strip which may or may not be worth checking out. We're interested in Dunn's River Falls but aren't wild about the 3 hour round trip drive and the crowds/queues that may be at the falls. We figured out excursions for the other two ports so easily! What are you doing in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

I must be blind, but I am not seeing Doctor's Cave offered on the RCCL website as one of their excursions. (?) We haven't really decided about Grand Cayman or Cozumel. We have been to those ports, probably 15 times. Sometimes we stay on the ship for GC to avoid the tendering process. Other times we take our snorkel gear down to Eden Rock. It is just a couple of blocks walk, down the street to the the right, once you arrive at the tender dock. The water is normally beautifully clear there. It is a little rough for me to get in, and out off of the rocks though. (We are 63 - LOL). In Cozumel, we were members at El Cid until this year. We would get off the ship and walk a block to use their resort facilities and tiny beach for the day. Chankunab Park is beautiful, if you haven't been. We will probably go out to Paradise Beach, which is very nice with a huge pool. What are you doing in GC and Coz? Please advise as to where you saw the RCCL Doctor's Cave excursion.

So sorry, uoftxchik. I just found the excursion. We will probably get out there on our own (somehow). We would want to spend most of the day there. Hubby hasn't given up the idea of going to Sandals RC either. You are right about Dunns River Falls. We went years ago through a ship tour. The bus ride was long and drivers are crazy, the countryside is beautiful and you see some of the real Jamaica out your windows. The falls are really beautiful, but the crowds were huge even then. We didn't climb the falls, for fear of skinning up our knees and not being able to dance!

Glad you found the excursions with Doctor's Cave. I agree that the excursion doesn't provide enough time at the beach. I'm now looking at the Hilton Rose Hall day pass through resortforaday.com. The Secrets Wild Orchid in MoBay also offers day passes through shoreexcursioneer.com but I'm hesitant to purchase because the resort can't confirm if those passes are legitimate. The resort is aware of them but said to confirm with the provider. That could be dicey. In GC, we are doing a non-RCCL tour that includes 7 mile beach, Hell, turtle farm, snorkel and stingrays. This is my parent's first cruise! In Coz, we're going to Mr. Sanchos. We checked out the other beach clubs but we want to try the fish pedicure at Mr. Sanchos! Lol

Back to Dunn's, I checked the port load for MoBay that day and it was 8k passengers. Then I checked Falmouth and Ocho Rios...that makes about 24k passengers. That definitely knocked Dunn's out! Allure is docked at one of the other two ports.

Edited by uoftxchik